John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:38:22 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: John's painting technique...  (Read 5075 times)
pimppride

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2014, 11:52:32 am »

John, I like the attitude, don't change a thing, that's what makes it entertaining, that's one of the reasons people are here and stick around, granted I watched your 2H video in 20 minutes fast forwarding thru most of it, but caught the overall vibe of what you were out to accomplish. .. and it did come out nice. ..
lesoleil70

zaccaria.co.uk

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2014, 03:01:10 pm »

I found this old painting video from 1984, it's great advice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R37pbIySnjg

"We don't give the fuck, what the fuck you think of this shit, alright!" - Jacobsen, J. "Arcade Outsiders Ep. 56" http://media.libsyn.com/media/vgo/arcade_out_ep_56.mp3 (12/02/14)
P-feif

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2014, 03:47:03 pm »

John, I like the attitude, don't change a thing, that's what makes it entertaining, that's one of the reasons people are here and stick around, granted I watched your 2H video in 20 minutes fast forwarding thru most of it, but caught the overall vibe of what you were out to accomplish. .. and it did come out nice. ..

Well that's just it. John knows how to laugh at himself, and he knows that we are laughing WITH him and not AT him. I mean come on, we all make mistakes too and we learn from them. The brown paint and the Robotron battery will both go down in history.

Keep it up John you're doing great and we all learn great things from you!
Homey244

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2014, 01:58:10 pm »

I rolled one with the sponges that phet suggested and it looked all bubbly. went to 1/4 inch nap roller and it laid down pretty good. there are many ways to get a good result.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: