John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 30, 2024, 07:25:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: HELP please! Installing Tutles in Time in my original Turtles cabinet (4 player)  (Read 1386 times)
mjspiegel

View Profile
« on: March 02, 2016, 09:13:18 am »

Hello!

I own the original Ninja Turtles arcade.  I recently bought the sequel, Turtles in Time.  The games use the same style joystick and a two button gameplay.  I was excited to install the board, so I switched all the cables over and flipped on the power.  The title screen came up and I was able to add credits, but I was not able to select any of the characters to start the game.  I switched back to the original jamma and everything worked as expected.  Does anyone know what I have to do?  I figured this was an easy swap and play.....

Thanks!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 03:08:28 pm by mjspiegel » Logged
c0nn0r

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2016, 10:24:53 am »

Is your TIT board 4-player? That board does not allow for character choice. Your credit will credit-up the character associated with the coin-chute you dumped your coin into. You can get this board modded to be the 2-player version that allows you to choose characters.

MVS / Saturn / JAMMA / New Astro City / SEGA System 16/18/24/32
mjspiegel

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2016, 11:28:46 am »

My cabinet is a 4 player, but only the 1st and 2nd player credit slots are working.  It was sold to me as the 4 player version.  I did a little researching after I posted this, and it sounds like my version might be an Asia ADA.  I'm not overly familiar with this, but apparently I need to add a wire from the start button connector to the jump or attack button.  Hopefully this is easy.... I haven't found anywhere that says how to do that. 

I also found this tidbit:

"some of the Konami 4P boards had dip switches (soft IIRC) to tell it if there is a Start button wired up)"

I'm not familiar with dip switches.  I was hoping to simply plug in my TiT and have it work with my current setup....

Thanks!
mjspiegel

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2016, 03:07:37 pm »

It was suggested to me to get UAA roms for the pcb instead of wiring the start and attack/jump buttons together.  What is a UAA rom and were do I get them?  It also turns out that the ADA version of this board only coined up using 2 slots.  That explains why my 3 and 4 slots were not working.  I guess the players used a "pool" of credits rather than individualized credits.

Has anyone else had a ADA Turtles in Time pcb that needed a start button?  If so, how did you handle it?

Thanks!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: