John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:42:55 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: where can i buy a marquee light for a DK  (Read 9900 times)
lojack

View Profile
« on: April 27, 2014, 04:13:57 pm »

like the title says, i am looking for a light and a website would be great.  also need the length of the light. 

also, can you rebuild the joystick or would it be easier to get a nintendo replacement from twisted .

thanks
lojack

vids: MKI-IV, KI 1&2, Cocktail centipede, Street Fighter 2, Space Invaders Deluxe, Asteroids Deluxe, Tekken 4&5 and Soul Calibur 2
lordkahless214

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2014, 04:26:59 pm »

I think www.topbulb.com sells the nintendo bulbs and starters, the size you need is FL10D (which is a 10 inch bulb IIRC) and the starter is a FG-7E.
I just replaced the whole fixture on mine, but if you want to stay original that's what you need.

I rebuilt my donkey kong joystick, I only dropped in new microswitches and a new spring, I cleaned it in CLR and added grease to the bearing.  Mike's Arcade has the parts www.mikesarcade.com but last I heard his supply of Nintendo parts is dwindling, so I'm not sure what parts he still has in stock
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 04:29:28 pm by lordkahless214 » Logged
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2014, 05:17:43 pm »

like the title says, i am looking for a light and a website would be great.  also need the length of the light.  

also, can you rebuild the joystick or would it be easier to get a nintendo replacement from twisted .

thanks
lojack

I have the links on my page here:

http://johnsarcade.com/donkey_kong_with_D2K_mod.php

These are good quality and exact matches as far as I can tell:

http://www.bulbtronics.com/Search-The-WareHouse/ProductDetail.aspx?sid=0003031&pid=99FL10D
http://www.bulbtronics.com/Search-The-WareHouse/ProductDetail.aspx?sid=0016177&pid=TMFG7E

Also, you can get them at Top Bulb but they are not as good of a fit (the bulb) but they work fine:

Go here: http://www.topbulb.com/

Then type in the following part numbers.

Here is the fluorescent bulb ($1.75):

F10T8/CW

Here is the starter ($3.75):

FG-7E
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 05:20:15 pm by John's Arcade » Logged
computerfixerguy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2014, 07:41:38 am »

What would be a good replacement fixture? Mine was replaced with a modern GE fixture that got along at 100 volts at some point in the past but it's dead.
Tighe

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2014, 08:57:43 am »

What would be a good replacement fixture? Mine was replaced with a modern GE fixture that got along at 100 volts at some point in the past but it's dead.

120v fixtures should work fine hooked up to 100v. I don't think there is and difference. I have a 120v fixture in my playchoice cabinet (was a JR).

If you want the original fixture put a wanted thread on KLOV. If you really want a 100v fixture but don't care if it is original I would say buy an under the cabinet light for Japan. But I don't think there is any difference. I think the fixtures in stores here even say on them they will work with 100v.

Edit:
I just checked on a few under the cabinet florescent fixtures and they all say they run on 100V-240V AC. So there isn't any difference.
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2014, 09:45:26 am »

Go to Wal-Mart. They sell a great american made fixture for like under $10. I use it in my games all the times. It's 120V but works fine in the Nintendo cabs.
Tighe

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2014, 10:37:15 am »

Go to Wal-Mart. They sell a great american made fixture for like under $10. I use it in my games all the times. It's 120V but works fine in the Nintendo cabs.

That is exactly what I used in my PC10.
lojack

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2014, 04:49:46 pm »

thanks gang  made the order today

vids: MKI-IV, KI 1&2, Cocktail centipede, Street Fighter 2, Space Invaders Deluxe, Asteroids Deluxe, Tekken 4&5 and Soul Calibur 2
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: