John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 12, 2024, 12:29:59 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: My first Video: a quick walk through my darkened arcade...  (Read 4994 times)
lordkahless214

View Profile WWW
« on: July 23, 2014, 01:47:34 am »

Ok so I've been considering doing some Youtube videos of my arcade stuff for a while, which has been mostly inspired by John's videos, so I shot a quick test video of the games running in the garage arcade on Sunday night, just wanting to check how the monitors come out on my camera, and my kids talked me into uploading it.
It's nothing earth shattering, far from it really, just RAW unedited footage of the games being run in the dark, but I thought maybe you all would like to take a look at it.

And since I enjoy visiting this site so much,  I'm sharing it here first.

I will be following it up with more footage soon, but only after I get the hang of some simple editing software. I'm thinking I might try something like telling the story of how I got each game currently in the line up and show them in detail.

Well tell me what you all think, I'm a total noob at internet video shooting and production so don't expect George Lucas quality LOL Grin
And as a tribute to John's new Dragon's Lair acquisition, I ran DL on the Multicade for this shoot  Cool
check it out here:
http://youtu.be/kMbNWILhoHY
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 01:50:55 am by lordkahless214 » Logged
iankellogg
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 08:11:56 am »

that's a pretty nice collection. love the millipede.
You should explain where you got the machines and stuff. just start talking. It took me a bit to get over that but it's worth it.

https://iankellogg.com
Cap kits, eproms, and more
Mr_Rampage

Arcade/Coin Op Inventor

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 04:31:16 pm »

You do have a nice collection

True restoration is an art form. Like any good artist you have to know what your doing. Painting a single line on a canvas and calling it a masterpiece does not fly in restoring a arcade machine. Do it right
lordkahless214

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2014, 08:36:11 pm »

Thanks gents  Smiley I know it's a pretty small collection of cabs compared to some, but life just stabilized enough to where i can buy some good quality titles.
I will probably be doing a more in depth videos starting with my Neo Geo MVS this weekend, I just added a 161 multicart to it and it's seeing a lot of play right now
 Grin

I'm not too sure what sort of software I can use for editing on my windows pc, but I'm reading up on it to try to make something with some production value to it  Cheesy
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 08:38:59 pm by lordkahless214 » Logged
Mr_Rampage

Arcade/Coin Op Inventor

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2014, 11:20:41 am »

Thanks gents  Smiley I know it's a pretty small collection of cabs compared to some, but life just stabilized enough to where i can buy some good quality titles.
I will probably be doing a more in depth videos starting with my Neo Geo MVS this weekend, I just added a 161 multicart to it and it's seeing a lot of play right now
 Grin

I'm not too sure what sort of software I can use for editing on my windows pc, but I'm reading up on it to try to make something with some production value to it  Cheesy

Considering I have no machines. 1 machine would be a nice arcade to me

True restoration is an art form. Like any good artist you have to know what your doing. Painting a single line on a canvas and calling it a masterpiece does not fly in restoring a arcade machine. Do it right
Chuckie egg

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2014, 01:17:16 pm »

Great collection dude
Thanks for sharing
lesoleil70

zaccaria.co.uk

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2014, 04:20:45 pm »

nice one

"We don't give the fuck, what the fuck you think of this shit, alright!" - Jacobsen, J. "Arcade Outsiders Ep. 56" http://media.libsyn.com/media/vgo/arcade_out_ep_56.mp3 (12/02/14)
TimeRunner

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2014, 07:23:30 pm »

Nice collection! Thanks for sharing!
LaverniousJames

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2014, 07:34:05 pm »

Nice collection man. I want a Neo Geo cabinet so bad. I have a lot of memories of being awful at Metal Slug with my friends when we were young.
lordkahless214

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2014, 09:29:28 pm »

Thanks! I have a more detailed video of my Neo Geo cab on my channel If you want a closer look.
I played NG lots of places, first at my local arcade, then later at a laundromat I used to frequent, my cabinet ironically also worked in a laundromat.
And I can say I picked it up for less than $600 so deals on these can be had if your patient, I looked for a little over a year until I found mine.

Speaking of videos, I was supposed to do a video on DK this weekend but I got sick, Oh well, next week I guess LOL  Cheesy
VertexGuy
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2014, 11:54:02 pm »

Grin

how many of the machines are running 60 in 1's ?
lordkahless214

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2014, 02:12:52 am »

not a single one  Grin, Ms Pac is on the original PCB, as is DK, and Millipede, the NG does have a 161 multicart though.
The Qbert and Multicade are the only ones running Mame, and Q*bert is only temporary until I feel like getting a real boardset or maybe a Jrok when that's available.

I got both DK and my Ms Pac not working, but I repaired both myself....pretty satisfying fixing these old games.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 02:16:46 am by lordkahless214 » Logged
LaverniousJames

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2014, 04:47:49 am »

I've found a couple of good deals in my area on some Neo Geo cabinets, but, unfortunately, I don't have the cash for it at the moment. Hopefully soon. I checked out your other videos. Those are some pretty sweet cabinets, man.
OriginalTHK

John's Evil Clone!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2014, 06:08:46 am »

Thanks for sharing!!!!

I hear ya on the "life is not stabilized enough"

Some are blessed with time/money freedom and others not so much. Remember some have it better and some have it worse. For some you are a rich guy because you have at least 1 game!!!!

Stay on course, count your blessings and stay positive!!!

Thanks again!
VertexGuy
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2014, 11:28:03 am »

not a single one  Grin, Ms Pac is on the original PCB, as is DK, and Millipede, the NG does have a 161 multicart though.
The Qbert and Multicade are the only ones running Mame, and Q*bert is only temporary until I feel like getting a real boardset or maybe a Jrok when that's available.

I got both DK and my Ms Pac not working, but I repaired both myself....pretty satisfying fixing these old games.

and dragons lair?
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: