John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 12, 2024, 11:51:22 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Konami Switcher  (Read 3748 times)
eightballpaul

View Profile
« on: July 02, 2014, 10:03:47 am »

I was watching the video on the DK switcher and noticed that Arcade Impossible asked the question I would like to know. I have a Simpsons cab but also have a TMNT and Sunset Riders board but would like to install a switcher. I was wondering if anyone knows if a switcher exists. I know it would need to switch the jamma, controls for 3p and 4p and the audio cable. Let me know if you all have heard of anything out there. I would really appreciate it.

Games: San Francisco Rush Alcatraz edition, NFL Blitz '99 (showcase cabinet), DDR Bass solo mix, Raiden Fighters 2, Tekken 2, Tekken 3, Simpsons, Ms. Pacman (cocktail), Galaxian (cocktail), Megatouch Force 2003, Xbox kiosk, Rockband 2 kiosk
lesoleil70

zaccaria.co.uk

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 10:44:16 am »

http://www.jammaboards.com/store/6-in-1-multijamma-switcher-pcb-pcb-6in1switcher.html

"We don't give the fuck, what the fuck you think of this shit, alright!" - Jacobsen, J. "Arcade Outsiders Ep. 56" http://media.libsyn.com/media/vgo/arcade_out_ep_56.mp3 (12/02/14)
eightballpaul

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2014, 12:26:13 pm »

I've seen those and would be great to switch the jamma portion but the Konami boards need to switch the 3  and 4 player controls and the separate audio harness. I've seen other special switchers whether it be for , Mortal Kombat or the IT games. I was hoping there was a product like that for the Konami boards.

Games: San Francisco Rush Alcatraz edition, NFL Blitz '99 (showcase cabinet), DDR Bass solo mix, Raiden Fighters 2, Tekken 2, Tekken 3, Simpsons, Ms. Pacman (cocktail), Galaxian (cocktail), Megatouch Force 2003, Xbox kiosk, Rockband 2 kiosk
Space Avenger

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2014, 04:17:32 pm »

http://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=316065

something like this?
eightballpaul

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2014, 08:28:26 am »

The only problem is only one of those games is 4-player. I need to switch the 4-player controls as well and also the audio cable which is separate on the Konami boards. I'm sure something like that exists out there but after about a month of searching the internet and forums I'm still left empty-handed.

Rayoshi

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2014, 10:57:31 am »

I would think you could take and wire three kick harnesses together so that the buttons were wired to all three games at the same time with a 6in1 switcher because it only supplies power to one game at a time. So yeah when you use player 3 and 4 the signals would be going to all three games at once but since they are not on it shouldn't matter? Just my theory if never tried it myself. Just though about it for myself. I have Marvel vs Capcom and Marvel vs Street fighter I was thinking about doing the same thing with and cps2 also has a kick harness.
eightballpaul

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2014, 02:55:38 pm »

I may just have to give it a shot and try it. I was just wondering if there was a kit out there that did it. Seems like something would have been made already.

iankellogg
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2014, 07:25:49 am »

It would be expensive to make a specialty kit. Just look at vectorlabs and their nintendo switchers. Not cheap. I think just wiring the kick harnesses together is the way to go. The only things you really need to wire about with switchers are that the start and coin buttons only go to one game at a time, everything else doesn't matter.

https://iankellogg.com
Cap kits, eproms, and more
moogrum

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2014, 08:12:10 am »

How hard/feasible would it be to build one out of and/or gates?  Considering trying this for my off-road once I can find a working board set.
eightballpaul

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2014, 09:58:42 am »

I forgot that there would need to be some splicing for the audio since Simpsons and Sunset Riders actually have a separate little harness for the audio that goes directly to the board. Would there be any problems splicing the audio cables as well?

iankellogg
Global Moderator

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2014, 10:38:41 am »

How hard/feasible would it be to build one out of and/or gates?  Considering trying this for my off-road once I can find a working board set.

there are people who do diode based switchers and there are people who use mux based switchers. Keep in mind you need to switch what game gets displayed on the CRT. which you can use controlled analog switches and a micro controller. It would just take a fair amount of time to design and lay one out.

https://iankellogg.com
Cap kits, eproms, and more
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: