John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 12, 2024, 01:46:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Adjusting Horizontal positioning and size on a GO7 FBO  (Read 3550 times)
Servo

How do i get more then one star above my picture?

View Profile
« on: March 10, 2014, 05:56:39 pm »

Can anyone tell me how to adjusting horizontal positioning and size on a GO7 FBO. i am running pac man ans it's not taking up the whole screen. I see V Height but nothing for the horizontal

"I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member"    Groucho Marx
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 08:11:24 pm »

Can anyone tell me how to adjusting horizontal positioning and size on a GO7 FBO. i am running pac man ans it's not taking up the whole screen. I see V Height but nothing for the horizontal

Horizontal size will be adjusted with the horizontal width coil. You need a plastic allen wrench to adjust it when it's on. DO NOT USE A METAL ALLEN WRENCH unless the monitor is OFF.

The horizontal position can be adjusted with the jumpers on the back towards the right of the chassis.

See the thing with the copper winding? That's the width coil:

Servo

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 08:39:20 pm »

how do you adjust the jumper for the Horizontal center?

John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2014, 08:47:40 pm »

how do you adjust the jumper for the Horizontal center?

You remove it and put in on the pin you want. Left Center or Right. However, it's not gonna do much. Smiley

Your best bet is playing with the horizontal hold until you can get it where you want it without it freaking out. Do the jumper and mess with the hold.
Servo

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2014, 08:58:20 pm »

need to get a set of those adjustment tools, ill see if my local radio shack has them tomorrow, thanks for the help

John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2014, 09:02:51 pm »

need to get a set of those adjustment tools, ill see if my local radio shack has them tomorrow, thanks for the help

Yes, you need TV Adjustment tools. I got mine at Radioshack. They were on clearance a couple of years ago. Not sure if they will still have them.

http://www.amazon.com/Universal-Color-Alignment-Tool-Set/dp/B005M6BY2A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1394503360&sr=8-1&keywords=tv+adjustment+tools
UnwoundS3GA

I am otherwise known as Arcade Perfection

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2014, 10:54:45 pm »

Yes, you need TV Adjustment tools. I got mine at Radioshack. They were on clearance a couple of years ago. Not sure if they will still have them.

http://www.amazon.com/Universal-Color-Alignment-Tool-Set/dp/B005M6BY2A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1394503360&sr=8-1&keywords=tv+adjustment+tools
Bob Roberts also has the television alignment kit.
Servo

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2014, 09:18:29 pm »

so i got a set of adjustment tools and i tried but it seems that i can only make the image smaller with the horizontal coil, when i go the apposite way it dose noting. the image will not get any larger, could that mean i need to replace the horizontal size coil? any advice on this one guys would be appreciated...

VertexGuy
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2014, 10:19:33 pm »

so i got a set of adjustment tools and i tried but it seems that i can only make the image smaller with the horizontal coil, when i go the apposite way it dose noting. the image will not get any larger, could that mean i need to replace the horizontal size coil? any advice on this one guys would be appreciated...

that may be a cap.
There is a certain cap that goes bad and makes the screen narrow.
i think its C47 or something
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 12:43:33 am by VertexGuy » Logged
Servo

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2014, 07:54:55 am »

i just recapped the monitor, i think your referring to C407,i changed it, im going to order a new coil today but would love here any other suggestions.

John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2014, 10:15:06 am »

Those coils have a high failure rate. Bob sells replacements and they are included in the deluxe cap kit.

Servo

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2014, 11:43:19 am »

i just got an order from bob yesterday, oh well

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: