John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:52:55 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Toobin!!  (Read 2730 times)
Worm2

View Profile
« on: July 24, 2015, 04:35:48 pm »

I have heard this game is real fun. I talked with the guy and can get the price down a little more.

Does anyone know, what might make this monitor go White like this? He believe's is to be the RGB to LCD converter. Any advice?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 03:31:20 pm by Worm2 » Logged
iankellogg
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2015, 10:06:39 pm »

I'm not understanding

https://iankellogg.com
Cap kits, eproms, and more
Worm2

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2015, 03:38:48 pm »

I'm not understanding

Yeah, I see why. Sorry
I found the game on Craigslist. He is asking $200 for it. The game has been converted from the medium resolution monitor to a LCD monitor.

After the game is turned on, it will start up and run just fine. But after about 10 min the screen starts turning white. The color will keep turning white until you can not see the picture anymore. If you reset the game, it will run fine again for about about 10 min.

The current owner of this game believes, the video card is bad and should be replaced and that is it. I am assuming by video card, he means there is some sort of board in there to convert the game to an LCD screen.

I am actually concerned, the previous owner installed the LCD monitor to correct this issue. The current owner has no clue if this is true, and states the game has been doing this the entire time he has owned it.

Could this be an easy fix? I asked about the original medium res monitor that was in the game. But the previous owner has disposed of it.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 12:16:27 pm by Worm2 » Logged
Worm2

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2015, 12:14:33 pm »

Here is what the monitor looks like after a short time.
iankellogg
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2015, 06:25:21 pm »

I am not sure what could caused this, if you have another game you could wire the lcd to and see if the problem continues it would help you see which is bad

https://iankellogg.com
Cap kits, eproms, and more
knaagi

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2015, 04:33:08 am »

Maybe the game detects the LCD and tries to kill it because it doesn´t belong in there   Grin

"Mach schnell, Dummkopf!"
Worm2

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2015, 03:28:31 pm »

I am not sure what could caused this, if you have another game you could wire the lcd to and see if the problem continues it would help you see which is bad

OO man.
I wish it was Jamma. I would just bring my other boards over there.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: