John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:22:05 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: From scratch ....  (Read 812 times)
STEVESPEEZE
« on: December 29, 2013, 07:01:46 am »

I traded the guts outta a missle command machine for a gutted DK jr machine this week.
In three days i have it playing DK jr ......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahOsg-OvbpQ

i took a black original xbox home from work and flashed it up so i could put a 320 gig hdd inside it.
then i loaded coinops 5 (80 gigs ftp'd forever) uhhhh oh then i went to walmart and had to get a light for the marquee.
Had a semi widescreen lcd tv laying around ( the older ones seem to look better)  so that went in.
The controls,, i didnt wanna mess with the control covers because they were mint, so i went to home depot and had a piece of
wood cut so i could take it home and cut holes for the new button layout. then i had to pad hack the xbox controller to the
new control console.  I was gonna add a roller ball but this machine is not the wide so it mighta been to cramped.
The only thing that urks me is there is a light scratch going across the front of the bezel.  i believe its plexi..
any tips on how to remove something like that or make it look better?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: