John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:43:18 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What should a unisystem cost  (Read 3375 times)
Mehlonhead

View Profile
« on: March 11, 2011, 11:39:20 am »

A guy about 45min from me has a unisystem for sale. In the picture it looks to be in good shape and solid. Called the guy he said it had no water damage and it was in good shape. It is missing one of the player two buttons and the screen is off color orange and not right, but still playable. I'm going to look at it this Saturday and would like to know what I should offer him. He wants 200 but don't know if that’s a good price. I have not seen a lot of these come up for sale in my area and would like the first arcade I own to be a Nintendo. Any help would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 11:43:50 am by Mehlonhead » Logged
delayed

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 02:57:28 pm »

200 does not sound bad if the off color screen is something simple.  Did you end up getting it?
Mehlonhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 01:29:17 am »

Yes picked it up for the 200 the monitor looked alot better in person. Once my brother and I got it to the house I cleaned about 25 years of dirt of the monitor. The colors are nice and bright it has jail bars on it but a cap kit should do the trick.
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2011, 08:52:39 am »

Yes picked it up for the 200 the monitor looked alot better in person. Once my brother and I got it to the house I cleaned about 25 years of dirt of the monitor. The colors are nice and bright it has jail bars on it but a cap kit should do the trick.

Nice score! $200 is a good price. Jail bars are an easy fix with a cap kit as you said. Congrats!
Dio 70

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2011, 07:36:35 pm »

Somebody in my area has a dualsystem that is not working and looks to be in rough shape.  They said one on the monitors was working, but after some adjustments neither of the monitors are currently working.  Could the monitors be an easy fix and what would be a reasonable offer for this currently non-working system?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: