John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 16, 2024, 09:31:02 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: John's Videos  (Read 1732 times)
zds76

View Profile
« on: June 04, 2014, 01:20:16 pm »

Just to say Ive seen all your videos and they are great. I love the fact that they motivate me to restore the games that I have once I move to a bigger house. And you have gotten me to where I want to make some videos of my restores. My question would be how do you make your videos. Do you just wing it or do you have a scripted idea of what you want to do?

Would love to see some more of your outtakes and I would love to see your editing process. Some might not like it but it would be interested in to see all the time you put into making a video from start to absolute finish. Like maybe a video series that goes from finding a game to putting it up on the internet. I still dont know how you find the time to put these out once and twice a week. Do you ever take vacations.

BTW got that SPO last night from JL THX.
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 03:27:14 pm »

Just to say Ive seen all your videos and they are great. I love the fact that they motivate me to restore the games that I have once I move to a bigger house. And you have gotten me to where I want to make some videos of my restores. My question would be how do you make your videos. Do you just wing it or do you have a scripted idea of what you want to do?

Would love to see some more of your outtakes and I would love to see your editing process. Some might not like it but it would be interested in to see all the time you put into making a video from start to absolute finish. Like maybe a video series that goes from finding a game to putting it up on the internet. I still dont know how you find the time to put these out once and twice a week. Do you ever take vacations.

BTW got that SPO last night from JL THX.

Yo, thanks! Smiley Glad the SPO worked out!!

I pretty much wing the videos. It's all improv. I plan ahead what topic I'm going to cover but that's about it. Like, if I need to work on the coin door and then the CPO then that's what I'll do, and wing it. Not sure what to say! I just record the video, lightly edit the pieces together, and post it!
Bobaflott

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2014, 06:38:41 pm »

I hope you get some work done on that Journey restore this weekend, looking forward to watching your video.
I may be getting some time in my garage this weekend too, I picked up an old 20 inch TV for my Scramble PCB.
I have an old JK-cabinet to put everything in. It's not going to be original, but it will be fun and I hope it will look nice when I'm finished.
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2014, 07:08:34 pm »

I hope you get some work done on that Journey restore this weekend, looking forward to watching your video.
I may be getting some time in my garage this weekend too, I picked up an old 20 inch TV for my Scramble PCB.
I have an old JK-cabinet to put everything in. It's not going to be original, but it will be fun and I hope it will look nice when I'm finished.

TV?? How's that gonna work with a Scamble PCB?

I'll for sure be back to the Journey this weekend!
Bobaflott

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2014, 05:18:38 am »

Well, I'm not going to plug it in with a RF-cable Smiley I'm in europe, so the TV got a SCART connector with RGB and sync inputs.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: