John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:36:25 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pole Position – Solid Pink Screen  (Read 1158 times)
Macksimum

View Profile WWW
« on: May 27, 2014, 11:58:03 am »

I picked up a Pole Position. The cabinet is in great shape but the monitor is solid pink when powered up. Any tips on where to start?

Asteroids Deluxe, Centipede, , Frogger, Golden Axe, Ms. Pac man, Pole Position, and a Williams Grand Prix Pinball
iankellogg
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 08:52:49 pm »

I've done a few pole position boards now and I haven't come across that one yet!

The first thing I do with any pole position board is pull every chip off the board, inspect for damaged, missing legs. Inspect the sockets, and reinsert before moving to the next chip. I've fixed quite a bit so far just by doing that and repairing/replacing the damaged chip.

https://iankellogg.com
Cap kits, eproms, and more
Macksimum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2014, 01:11:21 am »

Ok I will start there, thanks. I have done capacitor kits before, any tips with working on a PCB?

Asteroids Deluxe, Centipede, , Frogger, Golden Axe, Ms. Pac man, Pole Position, and a Williams Grand Prix Pinball
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: