John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 17, 2024, 02:04:44 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pole Position II Bezel Glass With Mirror  (Read 1267 times)
sewashburn

View Profile
« on: October 14, 2016, 08:14:24 am »

This is my Pole Position II Bezel Glass with a mirror from a local glass store.  As you can see, the black paint on the back of the glass has flaked off in places at the top and bottom.  Should I spray paint the areas on the back with some glossy black paint, or leave it like it is?  Also, I want to mount it on the wall with a metal frame.  What do you think would look best, black, silver or grey?  Thank you for taking the time to look, and I appreciate your input!

« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 08:22:46 am by sewashburn » Logged
blake

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2016, 12:13:54 pm »

ive got a pp1 bezel i was looking to mount on the wall in the arcade but couldnt decide if i should do a mirror or have a picture of the starting point of the game behind it kind of simulating a gameplay view?
thanks
blake
P-feif

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2016, 03:44:32 pm »

A little Testors model paint and a model paint-paint brush, or a fine artist brush will touch it up. You'll have to dab the paint on in layers because the first coat, you'll be able to see through it. Put 2 or 3 layers or 4 or 5 layers, however much you think you need, of black and then dab a little silver on top of it to seal it in. Let it dry for at least a few days before putting that mirror behind it or it might stick the paint.

Hobby Lobby, Joann Fabrics, or any hobby store will carry the Testors paint, and many other brands, types, and colors.

I saw Johns video where he showed your PP2 back glass with the mirror, and I think he mentioned going to Hobby Lobby but I don't remember the brand of paint that he recommended. Any rate that thing looks pretty cool as a mirror! 
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2016, 09:12:01 am »

I touched up my QIX bezel with acrylic paint.

Like this:

Then, after you touch it up go over it with the silver colored acrylic so it matches the original back color. Looks legit.

I would go with the black bezel frame
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: