John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:12:35 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Monitor shipping  (Read 1720 times)
Djsnapper

View Profile
« on: November 06, 2015, 06:45:37 pm »

Don't know if this is where this goes. Just recently shipped a CRT monitor to someone. Had it sitting in the box right side up and the neck broke off during shipping. I didn't want to put anything under the neck in fear that it would put pressure on the neck and cause the same result. Should I have packed it face down or is there another way to do it?
divingbuddy

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2015, 08:07:05 am »

Build a frame around it with wood or strip an old crt tv plastic case and use the shell to pack it to protect the neck.
This how my WG Amp tube was shipped and it survived from the east coast to Utah. Of course it was packed with foam and other packing materials completly around it.
Djsnapper

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2015, 04:08:53 pm »

Thanks for the reply. The thing different is that the one i shipped was complete with the metal frame and the electronics hanging off the neck of the tube.

im thinking they either dropped it or drove the truck down a set of railroad tracks.
The buyer said the box wasnt damage. If i ship another one ill frame it up like in your picture but still need to figure out what to do about the weight of the board on the end of the neck.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: