John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 14, 2024, 07:15:54 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My Nintendo Vs. Unisystem ( my first Arcade machine )  (Read 4193 times)
killerkobra

View Profile
« on: March 11, 2013, 09:51:55 pm »

So heres my pride and joy, My first arcade and I love it!!! I bought it about 6 months ago from a local Arcade/Pinball enthusiast. The R-Type cabinet is one beautiful beast. Vs. Dr.Mario and Vs. Castlevania are the 2 games I have right now. Looking forward to getting a few more ( Vs. Super Mario Bros. and Vs. Battle City for sure ) . These are the before pictures of the machine. I spent 5 hours yesterday power buffing the scratches out of the plexi glass. It was totally worth it since the front plexi is an original piece, just flipped around. Being a collector I really wanted to keep the piece since its Nintendo. I cut out a large piece of paper and taped it on the back of the graphics so when the screen is on the graphics do not come through on the other side.I plan to polish it up more and touch up the paint but all in all its in great shape.

The idea of having NES games that I already had on Arcade was not very appealing at first but that was because I didnt realize that the Vs. games were different. Even though they are very simular they are VERY different. Im pretty freeking good at Dr Mario on NES but the VS Dr Mario often whoops my butt. Same with Vs. Castlevania. So happy I bought this now, they are like new games to me.

John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 11:13:01 am »

Sweet! I love that style cabinet. I had the same one for my PC-10. That cabinet originally had a tinted glass bezel. I'd go to a glass shop and get a piece of glass cut. Also, change those joysticks! Those are wrong and not Nintendo. Smiley

killerkobra

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 09:12:58 am »

What joysticks do you recommend? Any links?

I thought they were nintendo since I see them on Super Mario Bros arcade but with different color buttons

Edit: my mistake you mean just the joysticks... Ah.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 09:41:18 am by killerkobra » Logged
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 09:13:43 am »

What joysticks do you recommend? Any links?

I thought they were nintendo since I see them on Super Mario Bros arcade but with different color buttons

Edit: my mistake you mean just the joysticks... Ah.

It would have had joysticks like this:

http://www.mikesarcade.com/cgi-bin/store.pl?sku=NIN8WAY
killerkobra

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2013, 10:46:30 pm »

^

Dang, those are not in stock. Wonder if there is anywheres else I could buy them
godfather

King Of The Castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2013, 03:34:39 pm »

^

Dang, those are not in stock. Wonder if there is anywheres else I could buy them
Great games. My Nintendo Vs. Unisystem was my first arcade machine. It was a Vs. The Goonies. I swapped otu the pcb and marquee to Vs. Castlevania. I absolutely love that game. I am looking into getting the Super Mario Bros one now.

Just something about these Nintendo cabs. love them!

Dedicated: Turbo Street Fighter II: Hyper Fighting, Ms Pac Man, 3, VS. Castlevania, Space Invaders Deluxe

Boards: Vs. Goonies, Vs. Super Mario Bros,
thedude

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2013, 10:58:39 pm »

Love the joysticks. And that marquee...very nice. I may have to keep an eye out for a Castlevania PCB...hopefully I don't obsess about this  Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: