John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 16, 2024, 10:35:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Street fighter 2  (Read 1527 times)
BaldiGit

View Profile
« on: October 31, 2015, 05:17:01 am »

Hi all,

I'm hoping you veterans of the arcade machine art can help me.  Grin

I have been given an arcade machine for Xmas thats in bits (I know.... its a bit early. Or late maybe). I've got it back together and working but the extra buttons on the kick harness refuse to work.

My PCB is a little strange. If I google for images of street fighter PCB's, it looks identical to a Street Fighter Final Fight. But all the eprom slots are full. But when I got the game running it comes up as
a Street Fighter 2 Champion edition. It looks like a genuine JAMMA Capcom but has no kick harness header on the small top PCB like the usual street fighter 2. But there is a 9 pin header on the middle medium sized board.

Acording to the pinout for the kick harness there should be 2 grounds at one end or the other. But my board has no continuity to ground at either end...  Huh?

My fear is this is some hybrid upgrade of a Street Fighter Final Fight and the header isn't for a kick harness as final fight only had 2 buttons. Sad

Any ideas anyone?

Not sure how to post pictures... The insert image button just adds text. If someone can tell me how, I'll post a picture.  Grin
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 05:28:51 am by BaldiGit » Logged
BaldiGit

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2015, 04:58:35 am »

All's well...... Sussed it out. Grin

Used a fly lead from groung and went along the pins till one of the charicters on screen kicked.

It's not in the same order as the standard kick harness at all....?? Shocked
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2015, 08:16:20 am »

All's well...... Sussed it out. Grin

Used a fly lead from groung and went along the pins till one of the charicters on screen kicked.

It's not in the same order as the standard kick harness at all....?? Shocked

I'd move the button connections around until it is in the right order. Should be an easy fix! Glad you figured it out.
BaldiGit

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2015, 01:41:31 pm »

Thanks for that. I've cut up the connector and manage to get it on in what I think is the right order. Not sure what kicks what yet...!!!
I've ordered a new connector so I can do it correctly.

Now I've noticed some of the sounds are missing.... The musics ok, but no fighting sounds accept the odd squeek from the speakers. I've checked the 5v+,5v- and the 12v and that's ok.
the volume pot seems to work smoothly. looks like a board issue.  Huh?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: