John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 15, 2024, 08:39:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Jacksonville FL checking in  (Read 1164 times)
jhall1jax

View Profile
« on: December 10, 2015, 05:22:40 pm »

Hello!  I'm Jason from Jacksonville FL.

Born in 1971, I spent some formative years within walking distance of the local Beach Blvd Putt Putt, and spent way too much time there to count.  I can almost remember where every game was!  I LOVED that place.

Fast forward about 25-30 years, I didn't think twice about arcades after I moved away and had no arcades nearby (I learned much later about the crash), and came across the How to build your own arcade machine book.  I devoured that book and built my own full-sized mame cabinet from scratch, including a 27" arcade monitor.  I played the mess out of that machine!  I recently got married and moved into a place that just has no room, so I ended up getting rid of it.  I miss it greatly - to the point where I'm now planning on building a bar-top (or maybe even a wall-mounted flip-down machine).

Anyway, I've watched countless JA videos and thought it was time to actually check out the forums!

Jason
MechaGregor_

"You Gotta Do It Right!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2015, 05:40:04 am »

Welcome aboard! Space seems to be the arcade collectors biggest enemy .

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: