John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:14:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Galloping Ghost Arcade - Current Walkthrough  (Read 1599 times)
Verminator

View Profile
« on: November 14, 2015, 10:36:17 pm »

Doc Mack, owner of Galloping Ghost Arcade, has posted an updated video of the arcade. There are a LOT of changes since John visited there awhile ago. In particular, there have been MANY cabinet upgrades including nearly all pre-crash games (1982 and prior) upgraded to original cabinets. (The only pre-crash games not yet in originals are, I believe, Pengo, Crazy Climber, Mr. Do, Space Ace, and Bosconian.)

Also, in a recent audio podcast, he confirms that any conversions in his arcade were already converted before he acquired them... and has a standing offer to anyone looking to restore one of his conversions to an original (e.g., Tempest) to give them an empty cabinet for free and he would put the converted game in a different empty cabinet he has on hand.

Yes, it is still concerning that he is so quantity over quality focused and 10-15% of the games on the floor are shut down/broken at any given point in time, but I think you'll be impressed with some of the improvements that have been made. He definitely hired a stud technician who has been doing a lot of great work... including replacing the joysticks on Robotron that Gregg called out in John's video.

Give it a watch!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytxeWD-GHG8
Verminator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2015, 08:35:28 pm »

First of all, I failed to point out that they also have acquired several prototype cabinets. Second of all, I noticed they used a Zaxxon cabinet (that used to be a Super Zaxxon) to house one of the prototypes. Oh well...
Worm2

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2015, 12:58:03 pm »

He is trying! The sad truth is most arcades (in FL) are small and become played for quickly. I think the fact that he has so many games can keep people coming back. As he gets more income he is making an effort to get the place up to "Collector Par" but I mean it takes a lot of time. Im happy to see his place has such a great selection. I only seen 1 time traveler EVER!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: