John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 16, 2024, 08:07:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Vs. Super Mario Bros. Quirks?  (Read 3256 times)
DJT

View Profile
« on: February 26, 2012, 08:03:14 pm »

So I finally got my SMB working on my unisystem! Awesome game. Found some quirks that i'm not sure if it's a problem with my rom version or what.

1. On a two player game, mario and luigi controls are reversed. P1 side is luigi, P2 is Mario
2. When you pop a in to continue, you don't continue, it starts you back at world 1-1 no score but I still have the coins i died with.
3. High scores that are built in when i start are REALLY high. 221,000?! Those are the factory scores?

Other than that, the game is great!
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 10:05:27 pm »

So I finally got my SMB working on my unisystem! Awesome game. Found some quirks that i'm not sure if it's a problem with my rom version or what.

1. On a two player game, mario and luigi controls are reversed. P1 side is luigi, P2 is Mario
2. When you pop a in to continue, you don't continue, it starts you back at world 1-1 no score but I still have the coins i died with.
3. High scores that are built in when i start are REALLY high. 221,000?! Those are the factory scores?

Other than that, the game is great!

I'll double check mine. But this all sounds right. The continue shouldn't go back to 1-1 though. What world are you dying on?
brian

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 03:21:31 pm »

Embarrassed I know this is an ancient thread, but it seems relevant to my issue.

I have a vs. unisystem setup and P1/P2 controls are reversed for vs. Dr. Mario. P1 joystick/buttons control the P2 side of the screen and vice versa for P2.   I pulled the roms and installed SMB and the controls are fine... P1 controls mario and P2 controls Luigi.

Any ideas?

-Brian
StevesArcade

Its NOT impossible!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2014, 05:07:17 am »

My Vs. Super Mario Bros is reversed too.  Player 1 is 2 and Player 2 is 1 in a 2 player game.
Aeolus7

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2014, 02:25:16 pm »

I love Vs SMB.  So much precision required to get a good score.  The "score" pressing techniques are really satisfying to pull off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lineup: DK, Vs Unisystem, Mario Bros, Bally Vector, Stern Meteor, SI cocktail

WTB: Burgertime, Galaga, PC10 cabinet, Pacman Cabaret, DE TMNT, DE Batman, Taxi, Funhouse, BTTF
Retrogamer1998

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2014, 06:57:44 pm »

When I had mine the controls were reversed as well. And the scores you have are the same that were set on mine
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: