John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 15, 2024, 02:39:27 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello ! From the Netherlands  (Read 1794 times)
ArcadeRoy

View Profile
« on: August 24, 2014, 02:11:27 pm »

(First, excuse me for my bad English)

My name is Roy, I'm 16 years old and I'm living in the Netherlands. I love arcade and pinball.
I am making my own arcade cabinet (Small version, bigger than a bartop, smaller than full size)

John, thank you for setting up this forum and showing al those nice video's! Hero!

I am going to post foto's of my cabinet (build) soon! Smiley

Sorry for my bad English ^^
Daikath

Sega Enthousiast

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 02:51:44 pm »

Hey, also dutch here. Isn't it hard to buy a used cabinet here? Because all the arcades were gone in the 90s right? I finally found out why

http://www.johnsarcade.com/forum/index.php?topic=1459.0

I am looking into just getting a galaga pcb and then figuring out how to build a cabinet around it. I will probably try and make the shape as authentic, but then go with cheaper prints of the side art, since it won't ever be a real cabinet the time and money spent will not be worth it imho.

Looking into switching info on our efforts.
lesoleil70

zaccaria.co.uk

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 02:57:41 pm »

Hi Both - This is a great forum, glad you joined.  We need more Europeans on here - far too many Americans for some reason;-)

"We don't give the fuck, what the fuck you think of this shit, alright!" - Jacobsen, J. "Arcade Outsiders Ep. 56" http://media.libsyn.com/media/vgo/arcade_out_ep_56.mp3 (12/02/14)
ArcadeRoy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2014, 01:13:32 pm »

Hey, also dutch here. Isn't it hard to buy a used cabinet here? Because all the arcades were gone in the 90s right? I finally found out why

http://www.johnsarcade.com/forum/index.php?topic=1459.0

I am looking into just getting a galaga pcb and then figuring out how to build a cabinet around it. I will probably try and make the shape as authentic, but then go with cheaper prints of the side art, since it won't ever be a real cabinet the time and money spent will not be worth it imho.

Looking into switching info on our efforts.

Yes it's very hard to buy a used cabinet here, thats why I am making my own one.
It's not so hard to make one, but it takes time. Nice topic! (why arcades were gone)

Sorry for my bad English ^^
OriginalTHK

John's Evil Clone!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2014, 06:40:36 pm »

If you move to America you will be able to buy a bunch of cabinets . But then again the way things are going in this country lately I would just stay over there Smiley

Welcome though!
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2014, 08:33:05 pm »

(First, excuse me for my bad English)

My name is Roy, I'm 16 years old and I'm living in the Netherlands. I love arcade and pinball.
I am making my own arcade cabinet (Small version, bigger than a bartop, smaller than full size)

John, thank you for setting up this forum and showing al those nice video's! Hero!

I am going to post foto's of my cabinet (build) soon! Smiley

Hey, Roy! Thanks for joining the forum and watching the videos. Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: