John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:25:56 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hey Everyone!  (Read 1886 times)
Baloo

Still thinks it's 1987

View Profile
« on: September 12, 2011, 03:10:53 pm »

Hey guys, I'm just a starting out arcade collector, just struck a to get my first cabinet, a Tempest that's been sitting in an attic for the past 30+ years, haha! Can't wait to restore it and clean it up a bit.

John, I must say that your Youtube channel is one of my favorites on Youtube and it really is just great stuff!

Hope to enjoy some great conversation here about arcade machines!
Lershy

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 02:55:23 pm »

Tempest is a heck of a way to start out a collection, my landlord just picked up a dusty old Tempest cabinet two months ago. I have two empty cabinets for restoration projects myself.
Baloo

Still thinks it's 1987

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 08:58:05 pm »

Nice! The one I'm getting is still working, just very, VERY dirty and needs a few minor fixes:

Coin mechs were taken out, need either new ones or find the old ones and replace them.
Keys to the coin door were lost, so I need to drill/pick the locks.
Marquee backlight needs to be replaced.

But everything else is in good shape save for some scratches on the side art and small ones on the CPO. Everything else is in great shape and the game works great, which I'm really happy about.
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2011, 04:30:47 pm »

Awesome!!! Welcome to the site. Tempest is a fantastic game. Would love to own one some day. Congrats!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: