John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 13, 2024, 11:16:41 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: red tent versus 4 player upright?  (Read 4637 times)
iankellogg
Global Moderator

View Profile
« on: December 18, 2013, 08:37:25 pm »

There is a posting in town for a 4 player upright vs machine. I have only seen one of these before on John's grinker's tour video so I know nothing about them. I have never seen one up for sale on anything before and was wondering what the rareity of these machines were. The price isn't too bad but I have a feeling this machine was from a very old and run down arcade from 10 years ago.

https://iankellogg.com
Cap kits, eproms, and more
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2013, 12:19:14 pm »

There is a posting in town for a 4 player upright vs machine. I have only seen one of these before on John's grinker's tour video so I know nothing about them. I have never seen one up for sale on anything before and was wondering what the rareity of these machines were. The price isn't too bad but I have a feeling this machine was from a very old and run down arcade from 10 years ago.

An upright Vs. Dualsystem? They are pretty cool. Not sure how rare. I have seen a few for sale here and there. I would love to have one but it's just too big. How much is it? What games are in it? Photo?

Mr_Rampage

Arcade/Coin Op Inventor

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 01:15:18 pm »

An upright Vs. Dualsystem? They are pretty cool. Not sure how rare. I have seen a few for sale here and there. I would love to have one but it's just too big. How much is it? What games are in it? Photo?

Not to mention a little awkward probably to service. Though it is definitely interesting.

True restoration is an art form. Like any good artist you have to know what your doing. Painting a single line on a canvas and calling it a masterpiece does not fly in restoring a arcade machine. Do it right
iankellogg
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2013, 08:59:17 pm »

http://pennstate.craigslist.org/vgm/4247241912.html

It seems a bit rough around the edges and I am pretty sure it came from the run down arcade from 10 years ago. Dodgey place that allowed smoking and had carton vending machines that teens would buy.

Mr_Rampage

Arcade/Coin Op Inventor

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2014, 03:40:02 pm »

It seems a bit rough around the edges and I am pretty sure it came from the run down arcade from 10 years ago. Dodgey place that allowed smoking and had carton vending machines that teens would buy.

Ya know I've thought about it a bit and a game like that in the center of an arcade room wouldn't be too awkward. Still awkward to service.

True restoration is an art form. Like any good artist you have to know what your doing. Painting a single line on a canvas and calling it a masterpiece does not fly in restoring a arcade machine. Do it right
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2014, 06:08:14 pm »

$400 isn't too bad, really. Castlevania is a $100+ game. The monitors are each worth at least $100.
jow
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2014, 05:49:16 pm »

Those actually arent that big, John.  I had one BITD.  Doesn't take up any more space than a Red Tent IMHO.
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2014, 06:18:52 pm »

Those actually arent that big, John.  I had one BITD.  Doesn't take up any more space than a Red Tent IMHO.

Wait. You had one!??! I moved one out of a basement once and it sucked. I remember it being HUGE. However, when I saw Steve's at Grinkers it was way smaller than I remember. Huh. I could see getting one if I had endless room.
iankellogg
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2014, 09:33:40 pm »

well it might still be available by now (its been almost 3 weeks since it was posted) but I am picking up a karate champ and punchout tomorrow so I won't have the will to move another machine for a few more weeks probably.

Chosen S

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2014, 11:47:22 pm »

I got one in TX, it's not that big, but definitely awkward to move around, it has a huge back door, one marquee light. as long as you have a little room to spin it around to its side, it's not bad to service
Mr_Rampage

Arcade/Coin Op Inventor

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2014, 06:20:51 pm »

I got one in TX, it's not that big, but definitely awkward to move around, it has a huge back door, one marquee light. as long as you have a little room to spin it around to its side, it's not bad to service

If you don't mind my asking could you post a photo of the innards of your machine? I'm very interested in seeing the inside of one of these. The inventor in me is very very curious.

Chosen S

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2014, 10:19:06 pm »

If you don't mind my asking could you post a photo of the innards of your machine? I'm very interested in seeing the inside of one of these. The inventor in me is very very curious.

At the moment it's in my shop wrapped up awaiting restoration.  But in the mean time, I built a custom mini version for the kids... here's a link to the build... ( it is a mame build, so dont shoot me Smiley )

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?18556-SORHP-s-Mid-Sized-Versus-machine
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 10:26:54 pm by Chosen S » Logged
Mr_Rampage

Arcade/Coin Op Inventor

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2014, 12:58:35 pm »

At the moment it's in my shop wrapped up awaiting restoration.  But in the mean time, I built a custom mini version for the kids... here's a link to the build... ( it is a mame build, so dont shoot me Smiley )

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?18556-SORHP-s-Mid-Sized-Versus-machine

You know if it was a 3 cabinet two on each side one in the middle that'd be pretty epic. Have like a neo geo a jamma and a atari XD

Chosen S

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2014, 04:22:03 pm »

No kidding! The plan for the mini was 1/2 neo geo 1/2 nintendo, but evolved to a mini vs
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: