John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:33:43 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello to all!  (Read 1971 times)
Coffee

View Profile
« on: January 18, 2013, 06:13:19 pm »

Hi everyone!

My name is Christopher, I'm 37, and have been gaming all of my life in Southern California. I have followed John since his early Videogame Outsiders days and made the move a few months ago from collecting console games to arcade cabinets. My beautiful wife was cool enough to get me a Street Fighter 2 Champion Edition cabinet for my birthday and I don't think she has any idea what she's started. Like all collectors, I'm already eying another one and have begun converting my garage into a personal arcade. John and his site was a huge inspiration to start collecting, restore, and preserve these amazing games from my childhood.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to meeting everyone here, hearing your stories, advice, and getting inspired by my fellow gamers. Game on my friends. Game on...
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 08:24:00 am »

Hey, Chris! Congrats on the Street Fighter! You should post some photos.

And, yes,  that will not be your last cabinet. Smiley
Coffee

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 11:01:43 pm »

Thanks John!

Great to hear from you and thanks so much for the great site!

Funny you should say that my Street Fighter 2 CE will not be my last cabinet. I'm already eyeing a and a Baby Pac Man nearby. I have to decide on just one at the moment to keep things cool with my wife. I want to introduce her to this hobby slowly.

is still my favorite game of all time and still brings me my first gaming memories as a kid. It's amazing how a game can invoke such strong feelings.

Baby Pac Man is just super rare and the only time I ever got to play it was at California Extreme. It was super cool, but definately the hardest pac man game I've ever played. I'm also worried about the upkeep on that game too. John, I keep watching your videos of it and just drool. Hopefully I'll make that decision soon! Thanks again and I'll try to get some picks up soon. I'm also working on my garage to give it that arcade look and feel.  
bhodie13

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 03:59:10 pm »

Hey Christopher, I am in SoCal as well!  Cool
Coffee

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2013, 04:57:12 pm »

Thanks for the great welcomes guys!

Sorry to not have gotten back to everyone right away. I've been stuck in hospital all week with sinusitis.

Can't wait to get out of here and back to gaming! Enjoy the Super Bowl!

Verminator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2013, 12:30:55 am »

Having a real live Baby Pac-Man would rock!! Nice find!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: