John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:50:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Does this donkey Kong have a hacked rom?  (Read 1674 times)
masterchief217

View Profile
« on: May 27, 2018, 07:23:27 pm »

I got a donkey Kong a friend bought working but when you start a game it immediately goes to the level with pies and when you beat it you go to a level with elevators but it still says level one. If you die on elevator level it takes you back to the pies instead of staying on elevators. Is this a hacked rom, corrupted rom or something else.
Here is a photo of the level it starts on
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1a7aqcJEngjj_rECjHtn6MqdCa6ce8lrp
Thanks in advance
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 07:44:22 pm by masterchief217 » Logged
AgentX

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2018, 08:58:48 am »

What does the title screen say for copyright information? That will at least tell us if the machine has an older or updated ROMset.

There are many different unauthorized variants of the DK ROMset. I'm pretty sure I've seen ones that play the various boards within each level in alternate order. Seeing the "Pie Factory" level first doesn't seem too weird, if this is one of those alternate ROMsets.

-Kasey
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: