John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:43:04 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: coin door locks  (Read 1866 times)
randywhatson

View Profile
« on: July 27, 2015, 01:18:52 pm »

where do you guys buy new coin door locks.

I was playing Tapper last night and the joystick broke. It won't go "up."

In 2 years, this is the first time my Tapper has needed anything (got it off Ritchie Knucklez).

Only problem, I don't have the key to the locks, so I'll have to drill them out.

I was thinking of getting the locks that work off one single key. John mentioned them is a video, but I can't remember which one.

Any help would be appreciated.

knaagi

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2015, 12:43:18 am »

I think it´s this one:

http://www.twistedquarter.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=155_156&products_id=9

"Mach schnell, Dummkopf!"
Worm2

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2015, 03:21:53 pm »

You may be able to take the lock apart from the inside. Unplug the game, open the back up. Look for the coin door locks. You can use a flat head or Phillips screwdriver to remove the screw that holds the lock Paddle/arm(Huh?) in place. Once you have the door open. The barrel that remains will be easy to get right out.

I also order locks from Twisted Quarter.
jaffo

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 06:28:57 pm »

I get mine from Twisted Quarter as well. I prefer the keyless coin door locks for my home stuff.  Specifically, these are the ones I have ordered:  http://www.twistedquarter.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=155_352&products_id=1710&zenid=ckk3gihra353qs8m6jr2kijgm2
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2015, 08:01:46 am »

where do you guys buy new coin door locks.

I was playing Tapper last night and the joystick broke. It won't go "up."

In 2 years, this is the first time my Tapper has needed anything (got it off Ritchie Knucklez).

Only problem, I don't have the key to the locks, so I'll have to drill them out.

I was thinking of getting the locks that work off one single key. John mentioned them is a video, but I can't remember which one.

Any help would be appreciated.

I use the same lock with the same key number on all my games. I like the Illinois Double Bitted locks because they are sexy. Smiley

http://www.twistedquarter.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=155_156&zenid=87ehpcp5e8k7qb09pfbdss0ah2
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: