John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:58:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Michigan Member  (Read 6540 times)
arcade jedi

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2016, 08:41:52 am »

pacmanmedic,

Hello.  Thanks for writing. 

Midland is not too far.  What do you have going on up there?  What's in your collection?

So many Michiganians out here.  We should plan a trip to the place in Brighton.  Any takers?

~ Arcade Jedi
Mikey

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2016, 09:31:53 am »

I'd be up for it!  I work nights, so I'd have to make arrangements, but that sounds good.

Never knew about that pinball museum...I must be slackin'...
esqueleto

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2016, 09:45:37 am »

Welcome. I am located around the Flint area and love the thrill of the hunt. It's been a while since a treasure trove of arcade goodies have been uncovered so I think we are due. Happy collecting.

Joysticks and flip tricks...art, skateboarding and classic arcade gaming!

DK, DK JR., Punchout, TMNT, NBA Jam, Narc, MKII, Outrun, Dragons Lair, Neo Geo 4 slot, GT 2006 Complete, Operation Wolf, Sega 18 Wheeler, Pole Position, Tempest, Super Street Fighter 2, Frogger, Winding Heat and a few more
P-feif

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2016, 02:31:51 pm »

Would like to do that one day. You're talking about he pinball museum? I see they are having a big 3 day pinball show this May. I didn't know that they are open every weekend? The only thing I found about them was the annual show. Would be nice to do that one day but not now. My whole house is sick and I don't want to spread it to anyone.
BadMonkey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2016, 05:21:25 pm »

Well, I forgot to enable the "notify" and I see I have missed a lot of comments. The pin museum opens only once a year. It's a group of guys that have a collection (it's mostly one guys but there are others in the 'club') and I think they open once a year for tax reasons. The building is just outside Ann Arbor in the middle of nowhere. It's an old vfw the guy bought. They have opened it the last two years and this year will be number three. The first year was awesome. Last year was so so. I think they will sell more tickets this year so i'm not sure how it will be. They have a hell of a collection. They put everything on Freeplay. Worth checking out. I was at the private arcade just north of there too. Cool place. As far as the pods; I would love to come check them out sometime. Maybe during the pin museum weekend or if I find another game there. I see a lot in the Grand Rapids to Detroit area often. I like to make the most of the trips. If you find some info let me know. Weather permitting I am there!

just rebuilt another g07. On to the vector on Asteroids!
arcade jedi

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2016, 09:25:39 am »

Would like to do that one day. You're talking about he pinball museum? I see they are having a big 3 day pinball show this May. I didn't know that they are open every weekend? The only thing I found about them was the annual show. Would be nice to do that one day but not now. My whole house is sick and I don't want to spread it to anyone.

I'm talking about the Brighton arcade.  They are open during the weekends.  It's simply called: "The Arcade".  I did not know anything about the pinball museum until the above posts and don't know their schedule.

~ Arcade Jedi
BadMonkey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2016, 02:53:53 pm »

Yeah, been to the arcade. I bought a couple games from the guy. Decent place.

just rebuilt another g07. On to the vector on Asteroids!
arcade jedi

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2016, 10:05:57 am »

I've bought a couple from him myself.  What great finds did you have from there?

~ Arcade Jedi
arcade jedi

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2016, 10:08:14 am »

Welcome. I am located around the Flint area and love the thrill of the hunt. It's been a while since a treasure trove of arcade goodies have been uncovered so I think we are due. Happy collecting.

Hey Esqueleto,

Flint.  That's a stones throw.  I have a couple of buddies that live in Grand Blanc, so I'm up there on occasion.  Maybe we can meet on my next trip up.

Thanks for the "welcome" message.  Seems like a pretty nice sized local community that we have here in MI.

~ Arcade Jedi
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: