John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 11, 2024, 08:35:32 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: battle tech pods to vectrex. who has been there  (Read 1032 times)
BadMonkey

View Profile WWW
« on: January 04, 2016, 07:17:53 pm »

Some of the oddball things in my gaming life that have long been forgotten are the old battle tech centers, which were so awesome back in that day, nothing compares, to the home vectrex. A system that no one I have met can relate to. I am a little old, I suppose, (42) but I would like to know if there is anyone out there that has memories (old or new) of these great contributions to gaming. I found an old printout from battle tech a month ago or so and I remembered how cool that was.

just rebuilt another g07. On to the vector on Asteroids!
Mikey

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2016, 12:03:35 am »

The Dave & Busters in Detroit had a BattleTech Center up until a few years ago.  I have seen three of them, and each time I was like "I don't have time now but I'm totally playing that when I get back!"  Yeah, never did.  Kicking myself nowadays.

Always thought the Vectrex was cool, but my family was light on money while I was growing up and I didn't actually get my Atari until about 82-83 when the prices were dropping, so the Vectrex was only a pipe dream for me.  Fantastic idea, and I'd still love to go back to '82 and surprise that short kid wearing glasses with one. ;)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: