John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:37:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Re purposing a Red Tent  (Read 3632 times)
Gaetznes

View Profile
« on: May 25, 2012, 09:22:50 am »

I have my Single Monitor PC-10 Its all great and dandy. However I like the lazy approach of being able to sit down and play at an arcade machine.

So I am currently in the process of taking everything out of the shell, as noticed in the B/S/T section. My next process will be to take every single part of the housing apart. I will then have a friend, who knows how to properly do body work, take out all the dents, surface rust etc. Then will repaint it, to look New.

I also, will be having new control panel Face plates made. As the repurposed Red Tent will still support 4 players, but will not need the 4 buttons on the end. The CRT's will be replaced by LCD.

I have been continually poke at by my other friends in the local arcade community. Because I am putting a RGB Nes system into it, with a retrousb Powerpack. The siginal will be amplified and split to go to the two LCD tvs. So side A will have players 1,3 Side B 2,4. That way Adults will have more space to play. Plus decade screens.

I also need to have new covers made to go over the control pannel and the coin mech faceplate.

Most of you maynot agree with what I am doing but I hope you can apperciate it.

Also, does anyone know of a good place to get 19inch LCD tv's with a 4:3 Ratio?
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 07:03:10 pm »

I have my Single Monitor PC-10 Its all great and dandy. However I like the lazy approach of being able to sit down and play at an arcade machine.

So I am currently in the process of taking everything out of the shell, as noticed in the B/S/T section. My next process will be to take every single part of the housing apart. I will then have a friend, who knows how to properly do body work, take out all the dents, surface rust etc. Then will repaint it, to look New.

I also, will be having new control panel Face plates made. As the repurposed Red Tent will still support 4 players, but will not need the 4 buttons on the end. The CRT's will be replaced by LCD.

I have been continually poke at by my other friends in the local arcade community. Because I am putting a RGB Nes system into it, with a retrousb Powerpack. The siginal will be amplified and split to go to the two LCD tvs. So side A will have players 1,3 Side B 2,4. That way Adults will have more space to play. Plus decade screens.

I also need to have new covers made to go over the control pannel and the coin mech faceplate.

Most of you maynot agree with what I am doing but I hope you can apperciate it.

Also, does anyone know of a good place to get 19inch LCD tv's with a 4:3 Ratio?

Interesting project, keep us updated. Do what you want with the game, it's yours! Cheesy
Gaetznes

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 02:06:00 pm »

The project has actually been down played a bit from the first post. Due to my need to beable to play zapper games. I will be staying with the CRT screen on one side, perhaps both. My ambition was out weighted by practicality.

I will no longer suppoert 4 players. As I was going to use a fourscore as the interface to then wire it up to the control pannel. However, I may just use the original nes controllers. Sort of defeating the principle of a control pannel. Since the original control pannel maynot be saveable. Its very rusted and such.

I am also in the process of getting a Dual Screen PC-10. Which has a bad wire harnes. I have a spare Single Monitor PCB. So i'm hoping to find a Single Monitor Power Supply and original wire harness locally, as I already have a led on one. If so I may convert the iners to a single monitor. Then keep the second monitor in place, hook it up to a small computer. Which would display Game Genie Codes. This is all on the bases that I can get one of those Nes Cart adapters to PC-10. To do the whole PowerPak thing.

I don't know what Games are coming up with this PC-10, but I assume I will end up having doubles. Once I have figured that out. I will list them.

Back to the Red Tent. Once the body work is done I will start to post. Sorry no pre repair pictures. Didn't think that far in advance.
Spyhunter

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2013, 10:40:47 am »

Anybody experimented with the Vs System on LCD?

SH
Gaetznes

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2013, 10:04:59 am »

I actually never did put an lcd in. I've acquired two spare chassis and actually hope to have 1 monitor by the end of july. Damn those monitors are hard to get.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: