John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 11, 2024, 08:35:40 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ghosts n Goblins Cabinet Info?  (Read 1788 times)
halloran

View Profile
« on: September 20, 2016, 02:42:05 pm »

Hey there everyone. I'm new to the forums but I thought I would post this questions here and maybe someone can shed some light. I've been trying to track down a Ghosts n Goblins arcade and found one for sale. However, it does not look anything like the original. I'm wondering if Capcom or Romstar had different variations of artwork, marquees etc. The one for sale is posted here: http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/vgm/5788753800.html

If you search the internet for pictures of ghosts n goblins arcade they are all pretty much are blue with completely different cpos and marquees. Maybe someone here knows more about this than me. Thanks!
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2016, 03:36:44 pm »

That's a Stern cabinet. Scramble or similar. DO NOT buy that for $1,500. That's a rip off. Bootleg marquee too. Might be a bootleg PCB in there as well.

This is a game that was used to convert other games quite often.

Dedicated looked like this:

halloran

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2016, 01:36:06 am »

I know it's definitely not worth $1500 I mean even a fully restored original cabinet ghosts n' goblins would have a tough time bringing that kind of money these days. The guy says he's had it for the past 25 years. I'm not exactly sure what a Stern cabinet is or if someone just gutted the board and internals from a bad OEM cabinet and stuffed in in the Stern cabinet. I know the CPO, side and marquee art can all be had but I just don't know if this thing is even worth restoring or picking up. Anyhow this is what the inside looks like. Thanks again for the info!

allansim

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2016, 06:02:50 am »

Oh ya, that really looks like its worth 1500 </sarcasm>.  It's filthy inside, stray wires, one isn't connected to anything, and it looks like he hacked in a PC power supply to the regular one for some reason.  Does it even work??  I'd say 200 is the highest he should be asking and it probably isn't even worth that.
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2016, 08:37:19 am »

I know it's definitely not worth $1500 I mean even a fully restored original cabinet ghosts n' goblins would have a tough time bringing that kind of money these days. The guy says he's had it for the past 25 years. I'm not exactly sure what a Stern cabinet is or if someone just gutted the board and internals from a bad OEM cabinet and stuffed in in the Stern cabinet. I know the CPO, side and marquee art can all be had but I just don't know if this thing is even worth restoring or picking up. Anyhow this is what the inside looks like. Thanks again for the info!

STERN CABINET:

halloran

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2016, 11:07:34 am »

Thanks again for the info guys. I guess I'll just keep my eyes peeled for an original or one that's been restored correctly. Unless someone here has one they'd like to sell. I'd also be interested in a Ghost's n' Goblins  Cool
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: