John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:42:35 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: So new I am still wet! See you at Grinkfest!  (Read 1074 times)
Davalope

View Profile
« on: September 19, 2016, 07:27:16 pm »

Hi folks, I am the Davalope, a new new newbie from Canada.  Yeah I know...all this forum needs is another fresh noob!  Well I am hopeful that I will be welcomed here so that I can get back to the memories of the 80's and 90's when cabinets were king!  I don't currently have any actual games at my place but I pal around with a few guys who do.  I am absolutely enthusiastic about the entire subculture that surrounds retro arcade games.  Back when I was a kid my favorite game was Space Panic; I loved it then and I love it now.  So far I am relegated to building a Retro Pi Mame cabinet that hopefully will very closely resemble an original cabinet.

I am still deciding what cabinet design to mimic.  What are your favorite cabinet designs?

Anyway, I will be making the 12+ hour drive to be at Grinkfest this year with friends, and perhaps I will meet many of you there!  Till then...
Coin Up Folks!
allansim

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2016, 06:21:24 am »

I'm from Canada too.  I remember Space Panic, or maybe it was a bootleg.  Played it on ColecoVision as well and I remember a friend of mine getting a laugh out of the fart-like noise when one of the aliens runs into you.  Looks like it was in a Universal cabinet, so are you going to go with that shape?  As for my fave cabinet design, probably the old Namco one for Pac-Man/Galaga.
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2016, 09:55:59 am »

Welcome to the site!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: