John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:20:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi from Philly!!!  (Read 1045 times)
Terry68Firebird

View Profile
« on: January 22, 2016, 01:12:11 pm »

Hey guys, I am on John's forum :p

Im Terry from Philly and really enjoy Johns channel.  I got into arcades from my love of XBOX, which led me to modding my own xbox and because it was a pain to do with newer PC software and dead links for game exploits I started my own youtube channel (terry68firebird) a few years ago which is mostly just tutorials on how to mod your original XBOX.  I then got interested in mame and building/refurbing a discarded Taito cab into a XBOX powered / mame cabinet.
Link to some pics of the taito cab refurbish/conversion to MAME- the cab was on the street with the trash when I got it (I picked up the JB weld tip for patching metal from one of John's videos and used it to patch up the control panel)
http://s1378.photobucket.com/user/Terry68Firebird/library/Street%20FIghter%202%20cab?sort=6&page=1

I now have a few dedicated cabs (pole position 2, asteroids, and a -actually a street heat conversion from a DK).  And yes,  I will convert that street heat back to a DK ;) I am really enjoying the hands on part of the hobby and love learning all kinds of new stuff (trouble shooting, electronics) and of course I love the gaming bliss that comes with this hobby.

I also love old vinyl and have a jukebox that is on my project list-

Hope to see you around the forum -

Terry
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 02:33:42 pm by Terry68Firebird » Logged
KennyL

I'm just an average guy, I guess.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 08:23:43 am »

You have some fairly thorough videos on Xbox soft-modding.  I haven't did mine as of yet, but It's something I would like to mess with sometime.  Welcome.

Kenny L.
As an f.y.i. there is more than corn in Indiana...there's soybeans, ha.
Mini NeoGeo machine thread, inspired by Ben Heck:
http://www.johnsarcade.com/forum/index.php?topic=2640.0
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: