John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:38:02 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: After reassemble Donkey Kong PCB and reinserting nothing happens  (Read 1991 times)
yves

View Profile
« on: May 08, 2013, 11:54:10 am »

I have an Arcade Machine with a 4 Board TGK3 PBC.

Due to some grafik issues I took the pbc out of the machine, disassembled it and cleaned some roms as described here:
http://www.brasington.org/arcade/tech/dk/

After reassembling the pbc, reinserting and plugin all the plugs back in position, nothing gets shown on the screen.

One day before that the machine was working so I think there should be no electrical issue.

I'm a little worried about that I crushed something.

Do you have an Idea what the worst thing could be I have done to crush it?  Huh?  Embarrassed
virtvic

It's on...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 02:55:52 pm »

Make sure you haven't damaged any of the legs on the chips when re-inserting them and they are all in the correct way around.  Look for the notches on the chips.  You should have also re-inserted them in the same positions as you removed them - but you probably know that already!
yves

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 12:56:44 pm »

Thanks for your reply.

Unbelievable but it works again. I checked the whole eeproms twice, took them out, checked the legs, cleaned them and putted them back in.
I was almost on despair. Then I just closed the backdoor Lips Sealed ... and it worked.
So smart this machine was build, it has something like an safety shutdown behind the backdoor. If you open it, it disconnects the current supply.

I'm happy that it works again.
divingbuddy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 10:49:36 am »

Some of the games are taller than I am and when constructed they might have the toggle power switch on the top of the game where you cannot see them. So as a habit I always check for hidden switches on the games and then I use my meter to check the power flow starting at the plug in the wall and work forward from there. Also watch out for GFI plugs they have their own safety switch inside to help with power spikes.

After a couple of times finding out the power was not coming from the wall and the hidden toggle switch, I now check each power related switch for good flow of electricity before loosing my mind and my hair after I "fix" a broken game.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: