John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:31:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cleaning inside a cab  (Read 1848 times)
jm116

View Profile
« on: June 08, 2016, 02:36:09 am »

Hey all, I recently picked up a DK3 and the inside is disgusting. Completely covered in dust. What do you think the best way to clean it up is? should i just use canned air and a vacuum? or is there a better way? thanks
Meanstreak05

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2016, 07:45:09 am »

Hi I congrats on picking up a dk3 I have been using my shop vac with the brush attachment and gettin all the junk out of mine. I also picked up a mini brush kit for my shop vac to get in the hard to reach places works out pretty good. Then after that I wipe it down with some simple green and a rag.
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2016, 09:11:19 am »

Yes, what he said. Get the loose stuff out with a vacuum first. Then just spray and wipe it down with Simple Green. Just keep doing it over and over and over until it feels new. Smiley
jm116

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2016, 02:18:40 pm »

Awesome thanks. I'll try that Smiley
Namco51

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2016, 03:27:00 pm »

Hi I congrats on picking up a dk3 I have been using my shop vac with the brush attachment and gettin all the junk out of mine. I also picked up a mini brush kit for my shop vac to get in the hard to reach places works out pretty good. Then after that I wipe it down with some simple green and a rag.

That brush attachment to the shop vac is no joke. I recently started using mine and I'm in love with the thing. Scrub that dust off and the vacuum eats it up like it was never there. I use it for everything now.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: