John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:31:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What would you do with this Taito field goal Cabinet.  (Read 3042 times)
leejsmith

View Profile
« on: November 28, 2016, 01:52:27 pm »

Hi Everyone,

I recently brought this Cabinet with the idea to restore it.

I know it's a field Goal, but I dont like the design

So I am thinking it's close to Space Invaders Part Two in style and I have most of the artwork as digital files.

I also like this Generic Taito Cab in blue.

My first job was to set the screen back at the correct angle.

At the moment it has a 60 - in 1 board and I think I will keep that for the moment. I plan to make a new combined bezal - control panel like the space invaders part 2, but in the style of the multicade with joystick, three buttons and the track ball.

The screen takes ages to warm up and I think it has some bad joints so I have ordered a cap kit from Ian Kellogg. The power supply works ok and I see no bad caps. The coin door is in a bad state and I have already started on the marquee metal work.

blake

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2016, 08:52:06 am »

put it to a generic taito color and put the taito multi kit in.
thanks
blake
leejsmith

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2016, 10:42:11 am »

I do want to play the classics like donkey kong as this is my only game the 60 in 1 is going to stay, but later on I might change that so the taito multi if I can find one cheap enough.
I am thinking more towards the generic style and not game specific.
blake

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2016, 11:01:36 am »

I do want to play the classics like donkey kong as this is my only game the 60 in 1 is going to stay, but later on I might change that so the taito multi if I can find one cheap enough.
I am thinking more towards the generic style and not game specific.

if your going to keep it 60-1 i would just change the cp so it fits the style of games your going to play as the artwork doesnt loom to bad from the pics.
leejsmith

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2016, 01:11:12 pm »

the paint is bad, the side art is  flaking off in places and the marquee broke so will still need to think of something for that if I keep it as is.
leejsmith

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2016, 07:46:12 pm »

What do you think of this quick rework of space dungeon into my multi game bezal - control panel and marquee.

I have circles for the joystick, 3 buttons, trackball and 1-2 player buttons wholes extended from the original bezal.

Then go for the black and blue side art.
leejsmith

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2016, 03:33:30 pm »

So today I made a combination bezal and control panel like space invaders part 2, but for my multi game with track ball.

I used the laser cutter at my local hackspace and cut it from 1 peice of 4mm mdf for the base with 5 and 2 mm plexi for the top. The art will go between the 5 and 2 mm plexi once I decide what I want.
I also cleaned up the marquee brackets and had 2 sheets cut for the marquee.

I only had nylock bolts so didn't want to fix everything in place today, but I will pickup some normal 5mm bolts to get it going.
leejsmith

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2016, 10:57:23 am »

It works !

darkcat1

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2016, 01:38:32 am »

I like it the way it is but I have never been a fan of Sports games

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
leejsmith

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2016, 03:55:29 pm »

I made a mistake and the graphics do not line up with the controls, but it will do for the moment. Now I just need the cap kit from Ian.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: