John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:21:17 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Whats the best vertical Jamma 60 in 1?  (Read 10733 times)
Blimpcity

View Profile
« on: September 02, 2014, 09:33:19 am »

I wanted to see anyone opinion on vertical Jamma 60 in 1. I have seen a few of them was wondering which was the best one, and whats the best place to order one from?

Thanks
Blimpcity
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 09:35:05 am by Blimpcity » Logged
ybr

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 10:09:00 am »

While not exactly a "60 in 1," nor the least expensive option by any stretch, I'd recommend the ArcadeSD.  I absolutely love mine.
lesoleil70

zaccaria.co.uk

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 04:20:06 pm »

60-1, had a few with various board changes - same shit.

if you can spare the extra, go for a 412 in 1 blue elf or something.

"We don't give the fuck, what the fuck you think of this shit, alright!" - Jacobsen, J. "Arcade Outsiders Ep. 56" http://media.libsyn.com/media/vgo/arcade_out_ep_56.mp3 (12/02/14)
offset

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 05:42:46 pm »

Depends on what games you care about as the games vary in quality (especially around sound quality).

I've heard people recommend the ArcadeSD board (for higher quality experience).

For a cheaper alternative, I know some people like the 412-in-1 vertical board as well (I'm using this board just to run Qbert in my gutted Qbert cabinet until the Jrok multi-qbert board comes out).

I prefer to use the original hardware, but this is cost prohibitive for me as my Qbert cabinet was completely gutted and was converted to a Mania Challenge game when I bought it.
alby13

Jamma Cabinet FTW

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2014, 07:05:25 pm »

I would go with what is sold at JammaBoards.com

http://www.jammaboards.com/store/60-in-1-icade-classic-multigame-jamma-pcb-verqb-pcb-60in1qb.html

Click on Reviews to read the customer reviews.

-alby13
"Go home and be a family man!"
jtslade

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2014, 08:56:29 pm »

Groovy arcade is a good alternative paired with a JPac  I have this setup in a non destructive cocktail conversion. All hooked to a vertical G07 it's pretty amazing and I have every vertical 4way game with two buttons or less.. Over 100 games  not counting speed hacks and clones.
jtslade

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2014, 08:57:52 pm »

Kind of a poor mans arcade SD but in some ways it's better. The emulation is spot on and they all run at exact speed.
ybr

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2014, 11:32:57 pm »

One other thing I'll say about ArcadeSD.  And if any other JAMMA cards do this, please chime in.  It allows for certain horizontal games to be played with a vertical monitor orientation.

This is not done through scaling, which would suck.  Instead, with games that could be made to fit without affecting play, excess space has been removed (slight cropping); score and lives-remaining displays have been moved; and/or other random screen elements have been moved.  The result is you get to play games like Missile Command, Zoo Keeper, and others on your vertical monitor.

Williams classics?  Wizard of Wor?  Nah, horizontal monitor only.  But Clay did what he could to fit whatever he could make work.

Check out the current list of vertical games and see for yourself.  Again, nothing was achieved through shrinking a game down and letterboxing.

http://destross.com/romsets/list/list.html
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 11:37:24 pm by ybr » Logged
jumblejunkie

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2014, 08:02:41 am »

I have the standard iCade 60in1 for a long time and still enjoy it. Its not 100% perfect, but honestly you don't even notice it for the most part. Its good enough to get my Galaxian fix!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: