John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 15, 2024, 05:39:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GO7-FBO Flyback  (Read 1069 times)
PassivePac-Man

View Profile
« on: September 10, 2016, 09:41:54 pm »

I have a Ms. Pac-Man cabaret with a 13" GO7-FBO in it. The monitor doesn't always work, and when it does, it takes 10-15 minutes to turn on, then it's solid until unplugged. I installed a full cap kit in it and same problem. I bought a new flyback and the old one doesn't want to come out of my chassis. What's the secret to getting the flyback out of this chassis? Am I missing something?

The collection: Ms. Pac-Man, Galaga (plays blind), Frogger Cocktail, Asteroids
WTB: Eggs parts, any uber classics, Pooyan, Jump Bug
BadMonkey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2016, 07:40:45 pm »

Flyback a can be difficult. Make sure you completely removed all the solder from the pins. Even one pin still soldered will hold that thing in. Gently try to wiggle. Use the iron and touch some points to see if one is hanging up. Be careful not to pull a trace. Also- you may have a couple connections still soldered. A lot of people will de-solder the "horseshoe" of the flyback and forget the 2 on the side.

just rebuilt another g07. On to the vector on Asteroids!
PassivePac-Man

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2016, 09:08:47 pm »

Flyback a can be difficult. Make sure you completely removed all the solder from the pins. Even one pin still soldered will hold that thing in. Gently try to wiggle. Use the iron and touch some points to see if one is hanging up. Be careful not to pull a trace. Also- you may have a couple connections still soldered. A lot of people will de-solder the "horseshoe" of the flyback and forget the 2 on the side.
You were spot on! But I still couldn't get it so I had my neighbor who works with soldering all the time and he was able to get it out for me. Monitor fires up immediately now! But I'm having troubles adjusting the picture. None of the pots on the chassis will make the picture get taller. Is this normal or am I missing a pot?

The collection: Ms. Pac-Man, Galaga (plays blind), Frogger Cocktail, Asteroids
WTB: Eggs parts, any uber classics, Pooyan, Jump Bug
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: