John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:45:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Matching Roms  (Read 2942 times)
Servo

How do i get more then one star above my picture?

View Profile
« on: December 27, 2013, 02:05:14 pm »

Hey Guys,

I've got a technical question and i was wondering if anyone could help me out. I just picked up what i think is a bootleg pac man or ms pac man board off ebay for a few bucks the board is labeled pac-3. I removed a rom and tried to match it against hamsters online rom ident but im having a problem. the rom reads fine but when i save it to compare it to the data base it doesn't recognize the rom. i figured it was probably a bad rom but i took one off a working ms pac man board and when i saved it and compared it to the data base it still doesn't recognize it. when im saving the rom ive saved it as both a hex file and a bin and still no luck. can anyone tell me what im doing wrong? i am using a genius g540 programer. any help with this would be appreciated...

"I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member"    Groucho Marx
Servo

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 09:18:17 am »

looks like there are a lot of roms that are not supported by the genius g540 universal programer. i cant believe it doesn't support the roms from ms pac man (HN462532G). i can get them to read using other rom settings but they don't read the whole thing i guess. can anyone suggest a good eprom programer that supports most of these devises.

John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2013, 10:07:43 am »

Well, the one I use is the EMP-10. It's old school but it always works. I have heard hit or miss type stories with the newer USB ones. I never have problems with mine.
Servo

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2013, 10:32:03 am »

yeah, is it it on ebay, its a little pricey but it looks like it supports a hell of a lot more roms then the one i got. might have to bite the bullet and buy it. i just dont understand i though the 2532's were the most common

John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2013, 10:33:25 am »

yeah, is it it on ebay, its a little pricey but it looks like it supports a hell of a lot more roms then the one i got. might have to bite the bullet and buy it. i just dont understand i though the 2532's were the most common

Well, it depends on the manufacturer too. I could never burn TI 2764s in mine. So, it could be a certain brand that your burner doesn't support.
Servo

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2013, 10:36:53 am »

the eproms are not listed in the device list, you can use a general 24 pin like a 2716 or 2732 but its not matching the roms from romident, the checksum is all wrong.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: