John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:47:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Need Help with my 60 in 1 custom arcade  (Read 4222 times)
Gamerfreak

View Profile
« on: December 06, 2013, 08:51:21 pm »

okay ive been working on this arcade for a few months now i pretty mutch finished it just need to get a picture from it and do some certain stuff (see checklist below)

It was originally a Jungle King cabinet

CHECKLIST:

COMPLETE-hook up the monitor,speaker,power,controls to the jamma harness
UNCOMPLETE-getting a picture from the game
UNCOMPLETE-Rotating the screen (its in a horizonal position when i have a verticle game)
UNCOMPLETE- hook up the coin mech

Heres some photos: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4cp0x0JBSiMU1NRZ1dwTTZUVjQ/edit?usp=drive_web
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 10:31:21 pm »

okay ive been working on this arcade for a few months now i pretty mutch finished it just need to get a picture from it and do some certain stuff (see checklist below)

It was originally a Jungle King cabinet

CHECKLIST:

COMPLETE-hook up the monitor,speaker,power,controls to the jamma harness
UNCOMPLETE-getting a picture from the game
UNCOMPLETE-Rotating the screen (its in a horizonal position when i have a verticle game)
UNCOMPLETE- hook up the coin mech

Heres some photos: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4cp0x0JBSiMU1NRZ1dwTTZUVjQ/edit?usp=drive_web

Do you know if the monitor is working? Do you know if the PCB is working? Does the game play blind?
Gamerfreak

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2013, 01:34:48 am »

Do you know if the monitor is working? Do you know if the PCB is working? Does the game play blind?

well by is the monitor working do you mean does it show anything at all on the screen? according to the pictures i took it has some static, and i know the pcb works i just bought it brand new a few weeks ago and i have no clue what "blind" is
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2013, 02:45:41 pm »

well by is the monitor working do you mean does it show anything at all on the screen? according to the pictures i took it has some static, and i know the pcb works i just bought it brand new a few weeks ago and i have no clue what "blind" is

I'm trying to isolate the issue to a PCB or to a monitor issue.

The game plays blind if you can start a game and HEAR it but not see it. If that's the case then it's a monitor issue. If the monitor is messed up but the game will not start and there is no sign of the PCB running then it's a PCB/power issue.
Gamerfreak

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2013, 07:03:09 pm »

The game plays blind if you can start a game and HEAR it but not see it. If that's the case then it's a monitor issue. If the monitor is messed up but the game will not start and there is no sign of the PCB running then it's a PCB/power issue.

ok its not playing blind i havent heard anything from it and im pretty sure its not power becuase i tested the voltage from the power supply from youre "how to fix a dead arcade -trouble shooting a craigslist purchase" video i think it might have to do with the settings on the back of the monitor or the dip switches on the PCB
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2013, 11:05:58 am »

ok its not playing blind i havent heard anything from it and im pretty sure its not power becuase i tested the voltage from the power supply from youre "how to fix a dead arcade -trouble shooting a craigslist purchase" video i think it might have to do with the settings on the back of the monitor or the dip switches on the PCB

Do you have the PCB plugged into a JAMMA harness??

Look at this:

http://www.jammaboards.com/arcade_manuals/60-in-1_iCade_Classic_Arcade_Manual_Online.pdf

Check out the dipswitch settings.

If you are using a JAMMA harness and not the VGA you need dipswitch two to be "OFF". Also, make sure dipswitch four is "OFF" as that's the test mode.
Gamerfreak

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2013, 07:40:11 pm »

Look at this:

http://www.jammaboards.com/arcade_manuals/60-in-1_iCade_Classic_Arcade_Manual_Online.pdf

If you are using a JAMMA harness and not the VGA you need dipswitch two to be "OFF". Also, make sure dipswitch four is "OFF" as that's the test mode.

ok i looked and it turns out 2 of the dip switches were in the wrong place but nothing improved also i saw that the little push button thing on the door is broken like the wires fell off and the spring is messed up. also if i were just to switch it to a vga computer monitor would it still work to have the jamma harness connected and get stuff like the controls and speakers from it?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 07:52:09 pm by Gamerfreak » Logged
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2013, 08:24:36 pm »

Look at this:

ok i looked and it turns out 2 of the dip switches were in the wrong place but nothing improved also i saw that the little push button thing on the door is broken like the wires fell off and the spring is messed up. also if i were just to switch it to a vga computer monitor would it still work to have the jamma harness connected and get stuff like the controls and speakers from it?

One last thing, it takes about one minute for that board to boot. Are you waiting?
Gamerfreak

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2013, 07:22:53 pm »

Look at this:

One last thing, it takes about one minute for that board to boot. Are you waiting?
i am waiting and like i said last post maybe the safety door switch thats broken might have to do with it?
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2013, 08:53:52 pm »

The interlock could prevent the power from getting to the board. I forget, does the board have an LED on it?
Gamerfreak

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2013, 09:43:16 pm »

I dont think so
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2013, 09:59:13 pm »

I dont think so

Did you check the voltages at the board?
Gamerfreak

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2013, 10:18:22 pm »

uhhhh i dont think so what do you mean ? plus as i said its Brand new
Mr_Rampage

Arcade/Coin Op Inventor

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2013, 10:21:31 pm »

I think he means where the interlock connect to the board to make sure its getting enough current. I'm not sure tho

True restoration is an art form. Like any good artist you have to know what your doing. Painting a single line on a canvas and calling it a masterpiece does not fly in restoring a arcade machine. Do it right
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2013, 10:10:21 am »

The board needs voltage to work. Are you sure it is getting voltage?? Are you sure it's booting?
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: