John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 18, 2024, 06:48:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tekken 3 Turns on but just a speaker pop and then gets stuck in demo mode  (Read 1773 times)
ickabodkrayne

View Profile
« on: December 18, 2014, 04:52:29 pm »

new to this so any help is greatly appreciated! I love this game and want to work, btw coin slots have no eaction and neither other inputs(ie buttons joysticks) the banner above monitor lights up as well, and I just don't even know wher to begin, the test/volume control panel doesn't work either???

Thanks!
Mike Huh?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 05:12:33 pm by ickabodkrayne » Logged
P-feif

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 08:00:56 pm »

You might want to give a little more information. Like what kind of game, who made it. Full size, cabaret, sit down. Maybe some pics or video of what it's doing.
ickabodkrayne

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 11:40:01 pm »

the game is a full size tekken 3 game I have pics that I can upload and can try to take a video, the game turns on, looks likes its ready(demo mode) and then just goes through the demo video,  coin mech is not responsive even though ive tried to follow wires. but the test panel with volume,test 1 and the other button are also non responsive, this is the controller pad the allows to switch to free play or pay to play. game was fully functional at one point and I moved 2 times and now its not ill post some pics tomorrow and try to take a video.
Thanks for the respons
Otaku

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2014, 10:29:03 am »

Check the edge connector, might be a grounding issue or a connection issue.
ickabodkrayne

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2014, 11:26:20 am »

ill do just that and report back..ill try to take a few pics of the guts if I can my phone just sucks..
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 02:22:25 pm by ickabodkrayne » Logged
iankellogg
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2014, 11:19:47 am »

Speaker pop is normal for almost all games due to various reasons so if that bothers you I could help fix that.  As far as the demo mode.  Are you saying that the game shows the attract but coining up doesn't work?

https://iankellogg.com
Cap kits, eproms, and more
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: