John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:52:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Vid: John's quest to score 300,000 on Donkey Kong arcade - Attempt #1 1080p  (Read 2236 times)
Jack Burton

View Profile
« on: December 29, 2014, 07:22:09 pm »

Hey John and friends,

Did any of you notice a difference in audio quality in this vid VS his other vids? It seems like maybe John's voice is less resonant than in previous vids.. Maybe my mind is playing tricks on me... I've had a couple beers....

Link to vid: http://youtu.be/S4hj_ctAsi8

-------
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2014, 10:08:07 pm »

Hey John and friends,

Did any of you notice a difference in audio quality in this vid VS his other vids? It seems like maybe John's voice is less resonant than in previous vids.. Maybe my mind is playing tricks on me... I've had a couple beers....

Link to vid: http://youtu.be/S4hj_ctAsi8

I'm trying new compression techniques. I'm using new software so I am still figuring it out.
yocke

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2014, 08:57:30 pm »

Sorry to say, that it totally depends on where you are in the world and what player you use..
Meaning Chrome have HTML5 support for YouTube, makes you be able to play almost the RAW data John uploads.
If you use any other browser, its encoded via Flash that makes the picture look like it have always done!

But you should also remember that its not only the browser, Video card, Screen(Monitor) do also play a big part in this..
So for me, I still see every video in 720p, if I'm on my computer, 360p on my other gadgets!

Huh?

Anyway, John do a really freaking amazing job, so keep it up..!
Its interesting that he tries out new standard formats, and can just say that the improvements  from when he started his channel is amazing..!
Ether-way, cant wait until his next DK challenge attempt..!

Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: