John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:59:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Centipede inoperable help  (Read 2472 times)
Beary White

View Profile
« on: October 25, 2015, 11:14:21 am »

So I turned on my centipede today it was working fine I walked into the next room and came back now it's all lit up but the monitor is blank my first thought was maybe the monitor died but I get no sounds and the controls show no response I tried test mode also I'm getting no beeps nothing could the power supply die but allow the controls and the marquee to lite up? Any help would be great thanks trying to figure out where I should start the psu is original nothing had been changed other than I put a cap kit on the monitor a couple months ago and I purchased a working board
charlesclaysburg

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2015, 07:27:11 pm »

the monitor and marquee lights are using ac , your board uses, the dc from the transformer, i,d check your fuses, and then the voltages to the board, at the conector, look for your board voltages,  if they are all present, i would shut the game off and clean your contacts with a eraser from a no#2 pencil.this is where your start to do your trouble shooting.iafter cleaning the contacts replace connector and power up, this fixs most proublems// if your game does not boot up, i,ll help with more info if you ask.
Beary White

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2015, 05:30:12 am »

Thanks I'll try that after work today
Beary White

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2015, 10:26:30 am »

OK, so i finally got around to looking at this issue checked all the fuses and the voltages it all seems good i then swapped boards with the board i have with grphic issues that board boots up fine but the board i had that was working just lights up the marquee and coin slots and buttons but no test mode no sounds nothing what could cause this is all the voltages are good?
any ideas?
jtslade

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2015, 08:50:21 pm »

I feel a logic probe in your online shopping cart soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Beary White

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2015, 10:36:23 am »

LOL I have one just have no clue how to use it.........i guess its not that funny
Beary White

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2015, 11:58:20 am »

anybody know a good site that has a crash course in checking logic on an arcade mainboard ive got three boards for this cabinet id like to get them all working
charlesclaysburg

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2015, 05:49:01 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l039y8dX5A     watch adams videos, it will explane the basics,and how to fix your boards, he made 3 videos,to help people knew to board repair,
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: