John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:34:59 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: begging for help with my blitz/showtime joysticks  (Read 756 times)
slamtilt1982

View Profile
« on: March 07, 2016, 08:05:19 am »

Ok so i bought a blitz/showtime 4 player arcade and the joysticks dont work.  Game boots fine and buttons work fine but the joysticks dont work.  Whats odd is that in swittch test all four directions are lit up green for player 4's joy.  But player fours joy does nothing.  The game is confusing player 1's joy for player four.  If i move player 1 to the right then all fourr directions go off.  If i move it all the way to the left then all directions but p4 right go off and it reads 27. All four joys read 24 dead center on bottom of diag screen.  I have replaced the jamma harness and still the symptom persists.  I think the i40 board is okay due to the fact that the bottons work fine.  Also the guy i bought it from said he took the panel to his buddies game and it worked.  I found a guy online who posted that his game was doing the EXACT same thing but there was no post of how or if he fixed it.  His post is here:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/81043-13-tech-blitz-showtime-optical-joysticks

I also posted a video of my game and the symptoms on youtube.  I apologise ahead of time for the horrible resolution but it can be seen here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phMtIeN3vuE

Please help me if you have any ideas.  Im trying to getthis going before easter and i already have a bunch of money tied into it.  I BEGGING you guys for help.  Thanks Dan
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: