John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 15, 2024, 10:06:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Side art removal  (Read 3842 times)
UnwoundS3GA

I am otherwise known as Arcade Perfection

View Profile
« on: February 19, 2014, 08:47:23 pm »

Ok, so I have a StarGate cabinet and it has a weird conversion in it. This conversion came with side art that was placed right over the original StarGate stenciled art. Do you think I could be successful at getting this sticker off with a heat gun without destroying the original StarGate side art? Here's a picture of the sticker.

STEVESPEEZE
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 08:54:20 pm »

well on low and if you take a few hours MAYBE with a heat gun.

Its safer to use a hair dryer in this case.
and a spray bottle with tap water and alittle dish soap (I use to remove decals from the sides of city buses)
you can not only burn the underlaying decal but the paint as well .
UnwoundS3GA

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 06:34:44 pm »

Turned out great with heat gun!  Grin This original side art is looking great, because the sticker was on there since 1984! Cheesy

BEFORE:

AFTER:
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 07:06:36 pm »

WOW!! That looks PERFECT.  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
UnwoundS3GA

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2014, 08:14:35 pm »

I know, right!! Cheesy Prob because the sticker was one there since 1984. Picked the cab up for $100 so not bad side art for that price! Cheesy
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2014, 08:39:45 pm »

I know, right!! Cheesy Prob because the sticker was one there since 1984. Picked the cab up for $100 so not bad side art for that price! Cheesy

You did good! What's the next steps? You gonna JROK that thing?!?! I would. Smiley
UnwoundS3GA

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2014, 10:37:34 pm »

You did good! What's the next steps? You gonna JROK that thing?!?! I would. Smiley
Well, I was going to JROK it but then something that interested me popped  up on KLOV. A stargate board set untested. So I offered the guy $80, he took it. Since he was close, I drive to his house to pick it up. He went ahead and put it in his stargate to test it and it worked! So $80 for a working board set with metal plate too. Then the guy was willing to sell all the harness in the cab, the transformer, Williams ps,sound board, and a Stargate control panel for $80, so I took it. So it was $160 for complete harness, control panel, isolation transformer, complete working stargate pcb, sound board and power supply. All with metal plates. Do you think it was a good ? Already have pcb, picking up everything else soon. I want to try to find a Joust to JROK.
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2014, 10:40:52 pm »

Well, I was going to JROK it but then something that interested me popped  up on KLOV. A stargate board set untested. So I offered the guy $80, he took it. Since he was close, I drive to his house to pick it up. He went ahead and put it in his stargate to test it and it worked! So $80 for a working board set with metal plate too. Then the guy was willing to sell all the harness in the cab, the transformer, Williams ps,sound board, and a Stargate control panel for $80, so I took it. So it was $160 for complete harness, control panel, isolation transformer, complete working stargate pcb, sound board and power supply. All with metal plates. Do you think it was a good ? Already have pcb, picking up everything else soon. I want to try to find a Joust to JROK.

I think you did pretty good!! $260 for a complete working Stargate? And, you can sell the PCB that was in there to get some of your cash back.
UnwoundS3GA

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2014, 10:52:03 pm »

Yeah! I also thought I could use the original harness and just get a Williams harness to jamma. So I can just use the original harness for the JROK if I ever put one in.
UnwoundS3GA

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2014, 11:50:24 pm »

Sweet bubbles bezel by the way!! Are you going to try to get that latex paint off?
TheRealBobcat
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2014, 12:49:34 am »

Looking good on that stargate
UnwoundS3GA

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2014, 07:31:32 am »

Looking good on that stargate
Thanks! Smiley
STEVESPEEZE
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2014, 05:08:11 am »

Lol what you do with the sticker you took off ...
I woulda put it on the side of my bosses truck when he wasn't looking
UnwoundS3GA

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2014, 08:48:53 am »

Lol what you do with the sticker you took off ...
I woulda put it on the side of my bosses truck when he wasn't looking
Lol! Cheesy It was to deformed, so I just tossed it. Didn't want it anyway.
STEVESPEEZE
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2014, 11:04:41 am »

hahaha this side art is almost as funny as the joes teen center photos that were up last week.. ha.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: