John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:27:29 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Answer to The Arcade Cabinet Wiring Question In John's Chicago Pt II Trip  (Read 1157 times)
Jdurg

View Profile
« on: December 02, 2015, 12:51:43 am »

Hey guys.  After John read my viewer mail on the last video, a question came up regarding the fact that the power supply that I have has a normal AC plug in the back of it, and a physical push switch on the side.  As a result, I couldn't take the AC cord, put it through the fuses and isolation transformer as well as an on/off switch.  Well, I seem to have found the answer to my question.

In the KLOV thread HERE, towards the bottom of the thread somebody pointed out that the power supply in this cab is located in the back right of the cab about midway up.  There's a hole in the side of the HS5 cabs that the switch pokes through that you push to turn on/off.  The AC three pin molex connector then needs to be connected to a molex that has the white/black/green wires with disconnects on one side.  These are then fed to the fuses and whatnot, and in to the isolation transformer for the monitor and other AC connections.

So it looks like I've figured out how to get this wired up once I get the physical cab built.  Just figured I'd share that here for everyone else too.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: