John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 14, 2024, 03:06:42 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: anyone here reprogram eproms  (Read 8174 times)
oscar-hernandez1983

View Profile
« on: March 22, 2016, 12:51:06 pm »

I live in Georgia and I have been calling sending emails and can't get a straight answer I can't afford to buy a new board plus they are very scarce. I'm very new to this and I can't fix it myself and there isn't enough info online about this the game is namco dirt dash I believe it's an eprom everything works the game it's playable just the 3d textures are all corrupted
kcase01

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 04:00:21 pm »

You can get the Rom files from Mame. Do you not have a Programmer. You can get them cheap on ebay. There are services that will burn new copies for you for a fee of course. What size of Eproms or EEProms are the roms?
offset

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2016, 06:39:17 pm »

I live in Georgia and I have been calling sending emails and can't get a straight answer I can't afford to buy a new board plus they are very scarce. I'm very new to this and I can't fix it myself and there isn't enough info online about this the game is namco dirt dash I believe it's an eprom everything works the game it's playable just the 3d textures are all corrupted

Might see if there is a local person with an eeprom reader (or check on KLOV) to see if they can read the eeproms from the pcb, then compare with http://romident.coinopflorida.com/ to see if they are corrupted before you pay someone for an entirely new set of eeproms and find out that something else is wrong with the board.

I'm happy with GQ-4X if you are wanting to buy a eeprom reader/burner if you want to spend the money.  You will also need a UV eeprom eraser.
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2016, 07:09:12 pm »

Are you sure it's the ROM data? Did you check voltages? Did you reseat the chips?

IanKellogg.com burns roms and so does hobbyroms.com
oscar-hernandez1983

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2016, 07:37:49 pm »

Yeah I reseated all rom chipsets I cleaned them also I guess I can check the voltage next I really think it's the ROM data. I don't know how to identify this type of problem I have talked to Ian he also think it's an eprom somewhere. I really appreciate the quick response I'm going to borrow a volt reader from work tomorrow and the GQ-4X it's got very good reviews hopefully I can get this working soon it's killing me cause i cant play it
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 07:45:27 pm by oscar-hernandez1983 » Logged
oscar-hernandez1983

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2016, 07:03:49 pm »

So I ordered a multimeter I should have it around Monday so I check the voltage but I'm lost here what am I going to be checking the rom chip I think it's messed up or the power supply?
jtslade

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2016, 01:28:25 pm »

Anywhere online to get a good old eprom burner? Maybe something that is not 100$

I don't mind DOS based with serial connections.

TY
oscar-hernandez1983

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2016, 04:29:20 pm »

I'm planning on buying an eprom burner sometime I really don't have much time to mess with my arcades my wife starting school soon work is getting busy so I be working long hours no fun
security0001

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2016, 05:46:33 pm »

I'm planning on buying an eprom burner sometime I really don't have much time to mess with my arcades my wife starting school soon work is getting busy so I be working long hours no fun

i have 5 burners but i think cost wise the needham emp10 or 20 would be a good choice for the hobbist.  what game are you needing them burned for??

Selling cap kits, flybacks, and tons of parts and specialize in 100% nichicon 105 degree cap kits.
Over 150 arcade games and still looking for more!!!
www.arcadepartsandrepair.com
jtslade

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2016, 06:39:06 pm »

I need to erase some Hyperball game roms and write the Jungle Lord code to them.. I think I need to it and write some blue flipper roms as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2016, 06:59:13 pm »

EMP10 rules. That is all.
security0001

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2016, 07:09:23 pm »

I need to erase some Hyperball game roms and write the Jungle Lord code to them.. I think I need to it and write some blue flipper roms as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i have a commercial uv erasure that does about 75-100 chips at a time but i think i have a small one that does maybe 5-10 chips laying around that i haven't used in years and if you want it i would give it to you if you pay shipping.  let me know.

Selling cap kits, flybacks, and tons of parts and specialize in 100% nichicon 105 degree cap kits.
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2016, 07:41:34 pm »

75-100 chips at once? That's cray! Photo?!
security0001

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2016, 08:06:10 pm »

75-100 chips at once? That's cray! Photo?!

the standard mat holds 56 2532 eproms and the optional mat almost doubles that capacity.  i used to do alot more burning years ago.
http://i1331.photobucket.com/albums/w595/security0001/IMG_20160325_185603_234_zpsdgucqlh8.jpg

jtslade

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2016, 08:49:38 pm »

EMP10 rules. That is all.

I'm on the hunt for one definitely
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: