John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:44:33 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue screen on unisystem  (Read 3222 times)
killerkobra

View Profile
« on: March 22, 2014, 06:38:15 pm »

So I have a Vs Unisystem with a number of boards set up with different games. I had Vs Super Mario Bros running for the longest time, then I switched to Vs Castlevania then to Vs Excite Bike, then when I switched back to Vs Mario Bros all I get is a blue screen, I have tried cleaning the contacts and tried turning it on and off again a number of times and still nothing. I switched back to Vs Castlevania and it works fine. So what would my problem be? I do not have much experience so looking at the board I dont really know what to look for. Thanks
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2014, 07:26:46 pm »

So I have a Vs Unisystem with a number of boards set up with different games. I had Vs Super Mario Bros running for the longest time, then I switched to Vs Castlevania then to Vs Excite Bike, then when I switched back to Vs Mario Bros all I get is a blue screen, I have tried cleaning the contacts and tried turning it on and off again a number of times and still nothing. I switched back to Vs Castlevania and it works fine. So what would my problem be? I do not have much experience so looking at the board I dont really know what to look for. Thanks

My guess is reseating. Move the carts around to see if the issue follows.
killerkobra

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2014, 10:17:02 pm »

What do you mean move the cards around?
yocke

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2014, 05:52:34 am »

I have the same bit mine make Done noice, like a bip of somehow!! Anyone?
Xeno_Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2014, 12:07:30 pm »

Reseat the CPU and ppu chips
yocke

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2014, 04:00:12 am »

Wow, just love spellcheck, especially when you have different language as default!

Anyway, can you run games on just one side? Have tried reseating, but no luck! Will try make a video, think this must be something else!
Xeno_Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2014, 11:55:07 pm »

If it's a unisystem you want to populate the Sub side (right side of PCB if looking at part side with edge connect on top) and if your running SMB you need another cpu, RP2A04, or a jumper wire. Make sure you have the appropriate ppu for the game.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: