John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:54:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Daughter Boards and Roms  (Read 2073 times)
cowbells

View Profile
« on: January 26, 2014, 08:41:12 pm »

Hello!

First off, thank you so much for collecting all of this Nintendo Vs. information together!  I just purchased this cocktail and probably would not have without all of this useful info.

I want to collect all of the games by burning the EPROMs, so first I'm compiling a list of everything I would need to get all of them with minimal purchasing of PPUs and daughter boards.

I have two questions before I start buying stuff:

1: This may have been covered in your video, I'll watch it again here tonight, but when acquiring eproms, there are many eproms out there with 2764 on them, but many also have other letters and numbers as well.  For example, D2764-A25.  Would this EPROM work?  Are those other letters and numbers just signifying manufacturer information?  Would any EPROM with 2764 on it work for the Vs.?

2: On daughter boards, according to your chart, Super Sky Kid can be switch to Freedom Force and vise versa.  Atari RBI Baseball and TKO Boxing can also be switched to Super Sky Kid.  Does this mean that with the proper roms and and PPU, TKO Boxing could be switched to Freedom Force or RBI Baseball as well?  Can Freedom Force be switched to TKO or RBI Baseball? Etc. etc.

Please let me know any information you have.  Thanks again for all of your informative videos and site!
Joe3693

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 09:37:03 pm »

Freedom force used the same daughter card as sky kid. Freedom force only seems to work on that board and only on the 6/7 side of board not 1/2 side. Sky kid works on all the boards. Rbi works on all the boards as well, but it needs a special security chip to function, and also only works on the 6/7 side of the freedomforce/sky kid board. I have not tried the boxing, but would think its the same as rbi since it has a security chip also.

As for non daughtercard games, as long as you have the right ppu, you can play the games that match it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: