John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:17:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: who's good with arcade art?  (Read 5045 times)
darkcat1

View Profile
« on: February 03, 2016, 10:19:02 am »

Hi guys I have some files for Bucky O Hare that need to be vectored.  I have the sideart and the marquee....I'm also new at this so I have no idea what the original dimensions are(except make I can look up the dimensions of a Konami 4P marquee).  Can anyone help?
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 08:17:01 pm »

What exactly do you have? Can you post it?
darkcat1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 03:39:23 pm »

I really need to find a better way to share this stuff and not just photobucket(may have downscaled the sideart) and my google drive:

I have a ZIP file with these in it: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0Hsso--7WqSZmFzbnJLMnA2VlE/view?usp=sharing.  I'm missing the CPL and only have a bad picture of it from a fansite. The scans seem to be HQ unlike the only photo I can find of the CPL:

Worm2

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2016, 05:31:44 pm »

Image BAM, will keep your original resolution and allow you to hotlink full res images. 
darkcat1

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2016, 09:24:41 pm »

Image BAM, will keep your original resolution and allow you to hotlink full res images. 
Can you download the zip file?  Has the originals in it

I'll try what you suggest too but it might save time if you or someone else wanted to help.  I could do it but I am not sure if anyone else can

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2016, 09:18:10 am »

The scan of the side art is pretty good. This is not something that would get vectorized. It's a raster iillustration. It needs to be cleaned up in Photoshop and then sent off to be printed in the correct dimensions. Do you know what the dimensions are supposed to be? The scan is measuring about 27" x 38" and at 400 DPI which is great. This is a great scan of the side art.

Same with the marquee. Looks good. Needs to be cleaned up and squared off and made the correct dimensions. You could vectorize but I don't see why. Dimensions of the marquee are about 8" x 24" and at 400 DPI.

If you can tell me the correct dimensions for these pieces I could help get them ready for Rich to print. You're in better shape than I thought. Smiley

The CPO we can guess on unless you can find a better photo. Looks like it's blue with the logo plus instructions?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 09:20:20 am by John's Arcade » Logged
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2016, 09:26:51 am »

is this how it's applied?

darkcat1

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2016, 08:20:58 pm »

Thanks John.  I've seen that photo before but I don't know if they were all like that.  I do have a guess that the art was not the full sides like the Simpsons and was just a rectangle/square but not the actual dimensions.

The cpl is a dark blue/purple star field with the logo and instructions.  It has white dots around representing stars(since Bucky is in space)

I mean to make this stuff fit on a Konami 4p cab.  For the marquee I need to look up the dimensions of a Simpsons or a Turtles marquee. This should be easy enough to find out since those are reprinted all the time.

darkcat1

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2016, 11:06:09 am »

Ok according to an old Klov post the dimensions of a Tmnt marquee are 27 x 8.5

I'm hunting that cab too(stereo Konami 4p) and it's pretty much standard for all the Konami 4p games.  One down...two to go..

xcaliber

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2016, 12:15:41 pm »

Darkcat1,

I see you are in Georgia. What part? I live up in Cartersville and might can get my hands on a 4 player cab.
Worm2

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2016, 04:12:26 pm »

I have TMNT. Looks like the side is does down to the coin return. If you like, I can make a good guesstimate when I am at home.
darkcat1

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2016, 06:01:20 pm »

Darkcat1,

I see you are in Georgia. What part? I live up in Cartersville and might can get my hands on a 4 player cab.

Hey I am out in Douglasville/Douglas County and google maps says it's 41 miles to Cartersville.  They made two versions of that cab: A mono[1 speaker] and a Stereo[two speakers] and I was about to start calling around to the Atlanta guys I know in a couple of weeks(if my situation improves and things looked very good last week).  I hate to be picky but I was looking for the stereo one since it's like the picture and the board I have is set that way.  You used to see these as 4P xmens, Sunset Riders, The Simpsons and some of the Turtles in Time cabs.  Rather it was already painted black(do not want to ruin pretty art).  I don't know if I might have met you because I've been trying to talk to everyone at SFGE the last two years since that is how you find things and make friends in this hobby.  Always nice to meet more collectors around here ^^

I missed a perfect looking candidate converted into a Neo Geo 2 slot about three months ago. It was $50, had monitor issues and was mostly empty...the other guy got it 1 hr before I called..darn it!

I have TMNT. Looks like the side is does down to the coin return. If you like, I can make a good guesstimate when I am at home.

If you could make a guess Worm2 that would be good. The side art in the photo is cut in a couple of places so I don't know if that's the whole square.  Also I'm having terrible trouble trying to get the dimensions of the CPL overlay even though these type of 4P Konami CPLs are reprinted in runs all the time(people love TMNT, Sunset Riders, The Simpsons, ETC.)

Honestly it looks like I'm gonna have to try to see if an overlay can be custom made for Bucky because tracking one down is really hard.  The labels for the three buttons should be: Jump, Shoot, Bomb
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2016, 09:29:10 pm »

dark cat, are you going to get a cabinet and print this artwork for yourself? What's your end game?
darkcat1

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2016, 03:14:03 pm »

My end game is to have a "dedicated" Bucky O Hare to play and share(SFGE commeth).  Also I'd like to make the files and artwork available to anyone so that they can print them out too.(no sence being greedy and/or selfish.  This hobby is about sharing)

The game is sorta rare and niche so I don't think that there would be much of a market to fund a print run but I could be wrong.  It's Konami's last arcade beat'em up and was made after Xmen...plus I think it's fun

darkcat1

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2016, 08:34:02 am »

Also I think that's the way it's supposed to be applied. 

The thing is alot of these are missing the CPLs.  If I could get rich to print out abatch of those they might sell but I'm not sure. You either like this game or you hate it from what I hear
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: