John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:32:31 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Games that were better on console than in the arcades  (Read 5520 times)
MagicMarc-er

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2015, 10:38:07 am »

I think I just realized why I like DKJr more on 8-bit:  I can use my right hand to control the joystick.  The Nintendo cab has the joystick on the left.  I am not ambidextrous.  That's why it seems easier. 
Shipwreck

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2015, 12:25:44 pm »

Rygar on nes is way better than the arcade. Tmnt turtles in time was better on snes. (the shredder fight where yu throw foot guys into the screen to hit him on snes was awesome)

I can't agree with Rygar being better on the NES. The arcade is a much better game. They were quite different from each other so I don't know if you can really compare them.
BloodyCactus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2015, 12:51:53 pm »

did rygar on nes allow you to throw your shield 'around' some 8bit ports limited rygars athletic and offensive abilities! love love love Rygar but I would not say any console version beats the arcade version.

--/\-[ A Pin Guy ]-/\--
postmortem

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2015, 01:20:04 pm »

The arcade version is a linear game. The nes version was more of an open world game with objetties and such. Games were totally different. After playing it on the nes as a kid the arcade version was disappointing to me

Cabs: Tron, MKII, MK4, KI2, Blitz99, TMNT, Pac-Mania, Mame Box.
PCBs: MK1, UMK3, Killer Instinct, Area51, Sunset Riders
Pins: Bride of PinBot
computerfixerguy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2015, 07:09:55 pm »

Kung fu...
jumback

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2015, 01:59:27 pm »

Who said DK JR is better on the console?!

I would not agree with this! Smiley

I mis-typed.  I think it was Mike Tyson's punch out that Jow suggested was better on the console.  I disagree with that BUT...... If you have any 8-bit Ataris laying around, I challenge you to play a few games of DKJr and then go to your DKJr cab and play a few games.  I do think the 8-bit version is better.

I agree punch out is a great game on the console but different from the arcade version. I personally think the arcade version is more challenging than the console or PC10. Same goes for any Nintendo game in the arcade,  there's just something about standing in front of the cabinet that makes it better.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: