John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 01, 2024, 10:59:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Today I played  (Read 7151 times)
Chuckie egg

View Profile
« on: November 17, 2012, 01:23:42 pm »

Today I  played rescue on my electrocoin Goliath mame/Jamma machine.
Rescue is made by stern and is played with two sticks like Robotron ,one moves the helicopter the other fires.
I totally recommend this game it so good
Verminator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 12:45:56 am »

Today (like most days), I played Zoo Keeper on MAME... still can't get above 1.4 million!

I actually had a 1.4 million point game where my highest point jump was 30,000. I feel 5 million coming on!!! Yes, it doesn't take a lot to make that next jump!  Cool
Chuckie egg

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 05:32:53 pm »

Today (like most days), I played Zoo Keeper on MAME... still can't get above 1.4 million!

I actually had a 1.4 million point game where my highest point jump was 30,000. I feel 5 million coming on!!! Yes, it doesn't take a lot to make that next jump!  Cool
I have just started playing zoo kepper it's a great little game .
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, 09:26:42 pm »

Zoo Keeper is fantastic. I really love that game.

Today I played... Minecraft. Cheesy
Verminator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2012, 10:15:18 pm »

HA! My 8 year old twin daughters love Minecraft!  Grin

I am feeling the next leap on Zoo Keeper coming. On Levels 4 and above, I now feel completely in control of the direction of the animals.

I have also ordered the new X-Arcade control panel so that should help over my beaten handheld PC controller.
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2012, 08:38:36 am »

I am feeling the next leap on Zoo Keeper coming. On Levels 4 and above, I now feel completely in control of the direction of the animals.

I have also ordered the new X-Arcade control panel so that should help over my beaten handheld PC controller.

That joystick setup should help much. Zoo keeper plays pretty well in mame. Have fun!
Verminator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2012, 12:10:59 am »

Zoo Keeper is great in MAME with the new X-Arcade joystick... except that the joystick slides on the little table I set it on then Zeke stalls because I end up moving the stick at the wrong angle. I need to figure out how to keep this thing stationery. Yes... need to build my own cabinet!

Berzerk and Frenzy work great on the stick also... can execute the angle fire much more easily than in the arcade.

Defender and Stargate... I need work on remembering the buttons but the default buttons are pretty well aligned with the original arcade games.

Frogger sucks... because the stick has pull back so a hard move results in the frog bouncing back in the opposite direction.

The track ball is awesome for Centipede and Millipede.. but bad for Crystal Castles unless I am willing to change the mouse pointer speed each time I play it.

Overall, a great purchase... and my daughters love it and they are pushing hard to have it put in a cabinet which I think needs to be the X-Arcade cabinet or something built from scratch. They can play two player Rampage for hours!

Nevertheless, I still plan on playing these games at the local retro arcades because there is still nothing like playing the original games in the original cabinets using the original controllers! Smiley
Lime Tree

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2013, 12:02:30 pm »

Today I played Vs. Super Mario Bros on my red tent... how many hammer bros did they pack into level 5-2? 4, 5, 6?
Coffee

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2013, 08:27:36 pm »

Those Red Tents are so bad ass! I remember playing those as a kid. I haven't seen one in years. Seeing John's video of his brought a tear to my eye.

Super Mario Bros. is still a fantastic game. I was hooked on that game and Popeye for a long time.
Verminator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2013, 12:41:12 am »

That joystick setup should help much. Zoo keeper plays pretty well in mame. Have fun!

I got the joystick stationery with the new cabinet, but I have had a setback on Zoo Keeper. I am now hovering around the 800K to 1 million mark. I don't think it is the new stick but rather my approach. I am trying to be too perfect on the game. including trying to monger too many points on the early rounds. I keep seeing people get high scores on the game playing conservatively so I should be able to make that same approach work. Sad
jtdollard

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2013, 11:33:45 am »

Those Red Tents are so bad ass! I remember playing those as a kid. I haven't seen one in years. Seeing John's video of his brought a tear to my eye.

Super Mario Bros. is still a fantastic game. I was hooked on that game and Popeye for a long time.

The whole resin I bought a Red Tent was because I remember One of them in my local Pizza Hut. It had Super Mario Bros. on one side and Excitebike on the other. I thought for the longest time once I got my Red Tent that that game combo would live in there and I was half right. SMB stays in it but it shares a board with Dr. Mario(Thanks GameBoy for my addiction to this game).  This same Pizza Hut had a Cocktail Ms. Pac Man and an upright 1942. I want to pick up a Cocktail Ms. Pac but for some resin in my area every one thinks they are made of gold or converts them to 60 in 1. 

But Now to answer the question I played around inside my Unisystem cab this morning trying to get Vs Sky Kid working so does that count. I would rather be playing it but I think this game hates me.
Shamo

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2013, 09:05:26 pm »

Today I played some Super Glob, level 5 is where I start to bleed lives.
Current Personal Highscore: 62150
Supposedly the WR is like 80K

Also played 3-4 games of , still havent developed my retreat strategy for Elevator stages 5+/
Current Personal Highscore: 111,500

And finally finished up with some Ms. Pac man w/ speedup hack.
Such a fun game. Played a perfect game til 5th screen =P.
Current Personal Highscore: 92000

Been playing all this on mame as my only machine is a Ghosts N Goblins and my shed is cold as hell right now. I have a cheap ass arcade stick I bought from ebay that actually works pretty good for the price.

As long as you arent too rough with it you will be OK. Word of advice go ahead and ducktape the shaft for more support.
I definetely recommend it if you are looking for a cheap USB joystick to use with MAME that has the arcade feel.
RushDude2112

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2013, 06:46:32 pm »

Today i played M.A.C.H. 3 and scored 110,000 on the fighter mission. Also DK and scored 82,100 and DKJ and scored 185,900 my all time record on that game. and last but not least played gorf and scored 48,000 with a rank of space warrior with 3 men
Coffee

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2013, 10:11:26 pm »

Today I played Stargate (Defender 2) on the my original cabinet I picked up over the weekend. I forgot how hard that game is. I was in the hospital the past couple of weeks and couldn't wait to get out of there to pick that game up. So worth the wait.

I hope everyone here had a great weekend as well!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 04:47:20 pm by Coffee » Logged
RushDude2112

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2013, 03:02:26 pm »

Well since everyone else has been playing Zoo Keeper, i decided to start playing it as well, like years ago when i played it in the arcades, i sucked at it then, and still suck now . I got a whopping 163,000...... I have also been playing Mad Planets, Jungle King, DKJ and a few misc others.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: