John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:44:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Lets play identify this cabinet!  (Read 4823 times)
Doc Hollywood

View Profile
« on: September 25, 2014, 08:06:55 am »

Hey guys Just a quick intro. My name is Jesse and I am a freelance paramedic that works on major motion pictures in the detroit area and have only recently started collecting and restoring arcade/pinball machines in The last six months. I'm not to sure if there was another thread for this kind of thing but I couldnt find one in the search. I thought it would be a good idea and kind of fun for everybody to help out and test your knowledge by guessing what some of these old empty unidentified cabinets/parts are. Ill start it off with a few pics from a cabinet I picked up basically for free that I might turn into a liquor cabinet or a custom fish tank in the game room. Thanks guys and happy hunting. Also I am new to forums and not to sure how to load a picture to this particular one. I see there is a image button on the tool bar but unsure how to properly use it. Thanks again guys, Doc. Also remember that my idea wasn't just for cabinet identification but anything related to arcade/pinball.
lesoleil70

zaccaria.co.uk

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2014, 03:47:53 pm »

Sea Wolf?

"We don't give the fuck, what the fuck you think of this shit, alright!" - Jacobsen, J. "Arcade Outsiders Ep. 56" http://media.libsyn.com/media/vgo/arcade_out_ep_56.mp3 (12/02/14)
Doc Hollywood

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2014, 04:04:11 pm »

? I havnt figured out how to post a pic of it up here yet to guess. Any suggestions for me posting a pic to guess at? I did notice that it is a midway fighting game it seems. It has two joysticks with 5 button controls for each. The control panel overlay is a light blue with like a pink primer underneath so I don't know how many times its been converted or if its original . There is a tested stamp under the control panel from may 1st 1982. There are also two buttons on the front of the panel. It's hard to tell what is original and what is conversion. The biggest clues are that it I a smaller size cab and the control panel overlay says midway over the joy stick and the art under the joy stick is like a black hole space looking thing and the art under the 5 buttons is 5 different fighting moves with kind of a lightning background. Blue knob on the joy stick
lesoleil70

zaccaria.co.uk

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2014, 04:14:30 pm »

TwoTigers?

Use tinypic.com  easy

"We don't give the fuck, what the fuck you think of this shit, alright!" - Jacobsen, J. "Arcade Outsiders Ep. 56" http://media.libsyn.com/media/vgo/arcade_out_ep_56.mp3 (12/02/14)
Doc Hollywood

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2014, 04:51:23 pm »

Doc Hollywood

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2014, 04:52:28 pm »

Doc Hollywood

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2014, 04:54:18 pm »

Doc Hollywood

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2014, 04:59:52 pm »

Thanks for all of the help With the tinypics suggestion. I looked at the two tigers control panel and I don't think it's it. I'm going to do a bit sod random control panel searches from that time period and see what I can find. Thanks again
TimeRunner

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2014, 05:46:16 pm »

TwoTigers?

Use tinypic.com  easy

How about Pac Land?

Doc Hollywood

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2014, 06:20:49 pm »

Ill check it out when I get home. That chart is bad ass thank you
lordkahless214

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2014, 07:32:31 pm »

Looks to me like a Stargate cabinet, that has had the sides trimmed out, was quite common when they got converted to other games.
VertexGuy
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2014, 07:37:27 pm »

that looks like mortal kombat button lables.
VertexGuy
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2014, 07:40:03 pm »

Taito cabs had that drawer at the bottom..
some dynamo's had them too.

Somebody used the cab to make a ghetto mortal kombat
Doc Hollywood

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2014, 06:31:53 am »

I think you are exactly right. And the guy I got it from defiantly seems like he would have done something like that. Gotta love Craig's list . I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it. Maybe practice some art work and turn it into a liquor cabinet. Or maybe even a sweet tool box for all of my arcades and pins. Ill definatly post picks after I repurpose it
VertexGuy
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2014, 06:49:27 am »

Do a clean , strip and paint.
put new plexi and marquee
re list it for alittle more cash on CL
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: